“Great Dining in Downtown Tarpon Springs”

Currents Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 156 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fresh fare created daily with seasonal ingredients. Handcrafted cocktails, Daily Happyhour. The place to go for an intimate dining experience. Best of the Bay winner 2012-2017. Best burger EVER. Catering for all occasions.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

My wife and I ate lunch here for the first time.. She had the grouper sandwich and I had the best hamburger I ever ate. You owe it to yourself to try out this great restaurant. I give it 5 STARS. Try the Stephen Vincent Pinot Noir as well. I am a great Pinot Noir fan and this was a really nice wine which gives you another good reason to go there.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank westendmed

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The food here was the best and most eclectic I’ve had in tarpon springs. Great service, great food and great drinks. Plus they just opened up their newly renovated event space which would be perfect for any large party, it is so cute! Highly recommend, I will be back!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Our first visit. We went for a casual dinner and weren't disappointed.
The server was a bit inexperienced but did an admirable job.
The duck breast way tasty but a bit tough.
The salmon was excellent.
We'll go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We stopped in while at First Fridays since it was hot out and we liked the idea of eating inside vs. while walking around outside.

SPACE + VIBE:
You can tell right away that the building itself is older but the inside of the restaurant is well kept and clean. There is a huge bar that takes up a good amount of the restaurant. There is plenty of natural light as the restaurant is on the corner of the block.

I noticed the wooden barn doors after we were seated and asked one of the staff members what was behind the door and she said there was an event space and I asked if I could go see it. WOW -- the space behind the barn doors is VERY different from the restaurant and really cool. It is small (holds about 80 guests for a private event) but has exposed brick on one wall (which I LOVE!) and a really cool vibe. There is a black damask pattern on the back wall - I couldn't tell if it was painted or wallpaper but nonetheless, it was pretty and worked well with the space. The staff member said that the back space of the room was used for a small dance floor area. I could see the space being perfect for a small wedding or a rehearsal dinner. The space had an art deco feel - I definitely didn't feel like I was in Florida.

FOOD + SERVICE:
Our server was nice but he seemed new or just out of it. He had trouble naming the beers on tap and didn't know what the Taco special of the day was. He did go back to the kitchen to ask and came right back to tell us. We love Tacos so I knew it was likely that one of us would order them and boyfriend did! They were shrimp tacos and two came with the order -- literally two tacos on a plate -- I was a little shocked that there wasn't anything else on the plate but I guess they are considered part of their Tapas/Small Plate menu (though they are listed on the page of the menu that lists the Burgers/Sandwiches not on the Tapas page. The tacos were very tasty but my boyfriend left hungry. I ordered the Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and though I wasn't expecting a huge salad, I also wasn't expecting a "side" salad either. My grilled chicken arrived on a separate plate not cut up and placed on the salad which I thought was weird. The chicken was very tasty - I just wish the salad itself was bigger -- there isn't much to a Caesar salad to begin with so the small size was just disappointing.

It would have been helpful if the server explained the menu to us being that we had never been there before. If we knew what to expect, we would have likely ordered differently.

I do want to come back and try something else on the menu - now that I understand it better. I will ask more questions next time though so I don't leave hungry.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 July 2018

During our visit we were seated under the A/C lines and water was dripping into our food and table. The manager promptly moved us to another table which eliminated this problem. The food was very tasty but pricey considering the location. Linen table clothes must warrant an extra $15. a meal. LOL

Date of visit: June 2018