“Great Sunset patio!”
Review of Aegean - CLOSED

Aegean
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Description: Water front dinning at the Famous Sponge docks in Tarpons Springs Seafood, Steaks, Greek and American cuisine Drive up or dock your boat
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We tried it for a sunset cocktail and it was great! Great view, attentive service, reasonably priced. We did not eat but will definitely be back for a sunset cocktail.

The restaurant is located in the old Pappas Restaurant, which was a hugely popular restaurant for many years. The Agean only uses the top floor only (from what I can tell). The walk up to third floor (there is an elevator) leads you by closed dinning rooms on the first two floors, which are a little depressing. Arrival on 3rd floor is spectacular!!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

A very large building and 2nd floor dining room with a beautiful view of the sponge docks and sunset. All the food is very good and tasty but nothing extraordinary.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Actually able to sit under cover and enjoy some of the best food we ever had. It is our second visit to the Aegean restaurant. Both times the atmosphere was so perfect. The food is authentic. I knew little about Greece. After dinner I can see the ocean and taste the hills. Plenty of space ,not clustered at all. To seal the deal the view over Tarpon Springs Sponge docks and sunset took my breath away. Must visit. Food is mid range in price but top shelf in flavor. Bone appetit

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

It is a great place to sit in the open air, and I hope they get their marketing and food quality up to par. Started with gin and tonic, my friend asking for just a slash on tonic. We both think the gin was watered down. I switched to my usual chardonnay, and was content. We had a very attentive server, Skye, who brought greek fries even though not on menu, and they were hot and good. At 3 though, no one mentioned it was now happy hour, would you like another drink...food... which if I were working and had only a couple of tables, I'd be bringing them options! Will go again for view, not sure about food service. Good luck!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018

very few people were in place and service was very slow. Happy hour drinks were like water. Food was just OK. not sure we will try again

Date of visit: April 2018