“Great Brisket!”
Review of Holy Hog BBQ

Holy Hog BBQ
Ranked #161 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Description: Established in 2010. Owner and founder Danny Hernandez was born into a family with a passion for food and excellence. After working in his family's Cuban-style restaurant in Tampa, Hernandez gravitated toward another genre close to his heart: the smoky flavors of barbecue. Determined to share it with the community he loved, Hernandez opened the first Holy Hog Barbecue in Tampa, offering authentic southern barbecue nuanced with Cuban flavors. Today, Holy Hog has grown to four locations in the Tampa Bay area. We're also thrilled to have two locations at Amalie Arena, home of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning and venue of choice for A-list performers and shows.
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Had the burnt ends Brisket which were SO tender and flavorful. I didn't even need the sauce but I dipped them and the sauce (I got hot) was really good. Also had the collard greens which were good and the mushrooms & onions. Interesting side to have but I liked it. I also got a side of the Riblets. I was disappointed with them because there was hardly any meat on them. But overall was a good experience and decent prices.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Visiting from out of town, Saturday night being busy everywhere Downtown, it was a pleasure finding somewhere to relax, low noise, outside seating. Staff was friendly, being there first time they clearly explained menu and differences in sauces and brisket versus burnt ends. Had plenty of left overs for another day, around $32 for 3 people with drinks included. Served on trays with plastic, if you don't mind. Good overall experience
on a great downtown evening! Only minutes to our Hotel and River walk. Side dish mac & cheese & Collard greens, excellent.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Our son just moved to the area. We parked the car and just walked a bit. When we got hungry the son's phone app found a nearby BBQ treasure. It looked confusing at first but the staff was very helpful. I got the brisket which was moist and quite good. They were nice enough to suggest they could give me half jalapeño Mac and cheese and half regular Mac and cheese as I was a little afraid... I guess it's award winning good so worth the try! Their baked beans were good as well. Many sauces to try! My huband got the ribs.... a large enough amount that he took a doggy "bag" back with him! My son got the pulled pork sandwich and what he said were fantastic sweet potatoes. See photos. ☺

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I spent about $15 for 4 ribs, some Mac and cheese, and some green beans. The Mac and cheese was really spicy so I didn't like it too much. The ribs were ok but they had a lot of fat on them. There's no where to sit inside so if you eat there you have to eat out on the porch which is ok in cool weather but not ok in the summer time. I probably won't be going back.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We passed this cool, outdoor dining spot several times in biking around Downtown. What grabbed our attention was the outdoor seating (shaded with fans) fences in so we could chain our Bikes and a very chill deli-style counter inside. And of course… BBQ… But…

LET’S GET PAST THE CONFUSED SERVICE FIRST
It didn’t seem like someone new was being trained so… why so much confusion? Despite ordering at the assembly line behind the counter, somehow Fiance’s meal sides were incorrect. Then the person behind us was given a ‘dinner’ instead of a ‘sandwich.’ Upon receiving our meals, they completely forgot to give us our Toasts. Hmm it wasn’t even rush hour in there. I mean—very friendly guys—just a bit scatter-brained.

WELL-PRICED, CASUAL FOOD.
My Pulled Pork dinner was good- not mind blowing. The Jalapeno Mac & Cheese was enjoyable and filling but the Collard Greens were overly salted. The Ribs were also okay—wished the Meat was more tender.

Been to Holy Hog BBQ? Share your experiences!