“Best Brisket Ever”

4 Rivers Smokehouse - South Tampa
Ranked #227 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Brisket was juicy, tender and marvelous flavor. Between the four of us we also hive two thumbs up to the ribs, smoked wings, pulled pork and chicken. Fried okra is some of the best we have ever tasted and the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers were incredible. Our first time here...definitely NOT our last.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Awesome BBQ! The brisket is amazingly delicious! Very busy and loud at lunch time. They have a togo window which is very efficient and keeps you out of the very crowded dining hall.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Great BBQ. Delicious sides especially, southern green beans and sweet potato casserole. So glad they came to Hillsborough county now just need them to cross the bay to Pinellas county.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

I will have to say, this is the first time being disappointed in a 4 Rivers. I dined at the South Tampa location on Monday, August 15th in the early evening. I ordered the pitmaster. The brisket was cold. I understand there is a full staff of new employees but a certain factor of common sense in the food industry was be taken into factor. I returned to the counter where I was greeted by the person who makes rounds cleaning the restaurant. I explained the situation and asked for the manager. He went to the manager and advised brisket will be replaced and I need to discard the food I did not want. Normally, the employee would discard the food especially when I have it right there at the register instead of walking to the back of the restaurant to discard the food. I was clear when I advised the employee I wanted moist; however, they brought out lean. When I pointed out the brisket was lean, the employee told me there is fat on the brisket so it had to be moist. I was raised in Texas. 4 Rivers has been the closest BBQ restaurant I have been able to find outside of Texas. I live and work in South Tampa. It will be a while before I return to the South Tampa location. It was a good run and I do not know what happened to where almost every employee was new but they are not doing the brand name justice. We dined so often that the key employees knew me by name.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Great food and fun environment. Loved the BBQ sauce too! Would go back and recommend to my friends and family.