All reviews ybor city front desk the breakfast area choice hotels cruise port cruise package close to downtown pool area free breakfast tampa area rooms were very clean yogurt would stay here again shuttle service busch gardens king room convenient location
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Used this motel due to the stay and parking package for a cruise we took. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and the premises was well-taken care of. Had a room on the poolside and had no noise issues. Breakfast was average as hotel breakfast going. Nothing fancy but filling and warm. The car was parked up near office while on a cruise. Shuttle service to and from the cruise port was great. No issues and very timely. Will use the motel again if driving to the port.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald M
Brian P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed
your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything
we can help you with.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We stayed here one night before a cruise and it was ok for one night. If we were staying longer I would have been very disappointed. Our room was clean and the staff was very friendly & helpful. the morning breakfast was average, like many other hotels that offer free breakfast. The issue we had was with hot water. The shower was luke warm, more on the cool side. When we told the front desk, she said no one else had a issue. I find that hard to believe. It is next the a busy highway and there are places to eat within walking distance.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brian P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that your room had luke warm water. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff. Your concerns passed to maintenance team to provide better guest experience in future. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Stayed at this location the day before a cruise out of Tampa port. After arriving we were informed we could pay $45 to leave our vehicle there during our 5-day cruise. They couriered us to the port terminal and picked us up promptly on the day we returned. About a 10-minute wait after we called them to let them know we had arrived and cleared customs. They have a security guard at night and a fence surrounding the grounds. The room furnishings were dated and scratched up, but clean and comfortable. The outside pool and grounds were very well kept. There was a good selection for breakfast. I would recommend this place to friends and family leaving for a cruise.

1  Thank E5584SYjohnc

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Hotel close to highway, conveniently located outside Tampa. Overnight stop while in the city for a NFL game. I guess some would say you get what you pay, but I expected much more from other reviews. At least functional basic stuff, a safe environment and a clean room.
To be fair, I'd have to say we slept well (the bed was ok). The room temperature was fine, in spite of the air conditioner window unit being a bit loud and that the air vents didn't work properly, shuffling the room curtains instead of cooling the room.
The pull out bed in the suite adjacent room was on the dirty side and uncomfortable even for my children, which are young and much lighter.
Main room door didn't open with the key card. Light turned green but door remained shut. I had to enter from the second room door. Security box was closed shut since arrival. Room furniture was old and in very bad shape (see a pict of the chair surface). Toilet unclean. Small insect in the tub. Sofas dirty.
Since tap water was suspect (according to the night manager it was ok if you "were used to it"), I tried to resort to the vending machine in the lower floor. It was out-sold. No internet code provided at check-in, I didn't ask for one.
Bad quality bath products. I mean, if you are providing the cheapest possible products, why bother.
I asked the night manager to set up the pull-out bed since it wasn't ready when we arrived late at night. He did.
I showed him the security box, his response: "oh, somebody must have shut it down" .
I showed him the unclean toilet, he scrubbed the exterior with his finger ("It comes out" he said). I was grossed out and didn't reply.
Was a bit unease about security. Access doors to the building were unlocked at night (locks didn't work). Public areas were dirty.
This is an old, outdated property that needs lots of work and investing to get back into a decent shape.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere (sorry, but its true).
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Brian P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are
addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Brian P
Guest Relations Manager
Quality Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Booked the cruise package. Perfect! Ship boarding was from 1130-1500, the van left @ 1100, arriving @ 1115. Loved being able to leave my car @ the hotel and being delivered and picked up for free. Local parking @ the port ranges from 8-15 dollars per day. My room, shuttle, and parking was $134.00. This was a no-brainer. I will use this hotel again. Staff was wonderful!

Room tip: I-4 can be a little noisy, ask for a room not facing the interstate
3  Thank Michael P