All reviews ybor city front desk the breakfast area choice hotels cruise port cruise package close to downtown pool area free breakfast tampa area would stay here again shuttle service yogurt king room busch gardens convenient location beds were comfortable
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Hotel close to highway, conveniently located outside Tampa. Overnight stop while in the city for a NFL game. I guess some would say you get what you pay, but I expected much more from other reviews. At least functional basic stuff, a safe environment and a clean room.
To be fair, I'd have to say we slept well (the bed was ok). The room temperature was fine, in spite of the air conditioner window unit being a bit loud and that the air vents didn't work properly, shuffling the room curtains instead of cooling the room.
The pull out bed in the suite adjacent room was on the dirty side and uncomfortable even for my children, which are young and much lighter.
Main room door didn't open with the key card. Light turned green but door remained shut. I had to enter from the second room door. Security box was closed shut since arrival. Room furniture was old and in very bad shape (see a pict of the chair surface). Toilet unclean. Small insect in the tub. Sofas dirty.
Since tap water was suspect (according to the night manager it was ok if you "were used to it"), I tried to resort to the vending machine in the lower floor. It was out-sold. No internet code provided at check-in, I didn't ask for one.
Bad quality bath products. I mean, if you are providing the cheapest possible products, why bother.
I asked the night manager to set up the pull-out bed since it wasn't ready when we arrived late at night. He did.
I showed him the security box, his response: "oh, somebody must have shut it down" .
I showed him the unclean toilet, he scrubbed the exterior with his finger ("It comes out" he said). I was grossed out and didn't reply.
Was a bit unease about security. Access doors to the building were unlocked at night (locks didn't work). Public areas were dirty.
This is an old, outdated property that needs lots of work and investing to get back into a decent shape.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere (sorry, but its true).
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Brian P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are
addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Brian P
Guest Relations Manager
Quality Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Booked the cruise package. Perfect! Ship boarding was from 1130-1500, the van left @ 1100, arriving @ 1115. Loved being able to leave my car @ the hotel and being delivered and picked up for free. Local parking @ the port ranges from 8-15 dollars per day. My room, shuttle, and parking was $134.00. This was a no-brainer. I will use this hotel again. Staff was wonderful!

Room Tip: I-4 can be a little noisy, ask for a room not facing the interstate
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Although the neighborhood is not very nice, this hotel is great! Staff is great! Rooms are clean! Shuttle driver is very nice. Outstanding service and decent place to stay before a cruise. If you plan to stay in the area for any reason, this is the place! Can't say enough about the staff. Every one of them, especially Wendy.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank jplos000
Brian P, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Traveler. Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Very great hotel. My family enjoyed it. Staff was awesome and helpful. I love staying all Choice Hotels. This another great hotel for price and location. My family and I got up had breakfast, then went sightseeing. Once we get back we were greated warmly, our room cleaned and ready for us to unwind. Will definitely recommend.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Steven B

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Check-in was hassle free and the staff here are very friendly. I asked for a quiet room with no connecting door and that is what I got, so no issues. I got a standard room with a king sized bed. In the room you get a huge bed, air-con, LCD TV, desk, chair and lounge chair as well as tea/coffee making facilities a fridge and room safe.Plenty of US power sockets also. Everything was clean and the bedding was clean and cool to sleep in. The bathoorm had a tub and shower and again it all seemed clean and well looked after. Free wi-fi is offered by the hotel and this worked very well throughout my stay. The hotel is close to major roads and also gas stations and food outlets.
A good hotel to stay in and I would stay here again, in fact that is what I did after a few days over in St. Petersburg and after looking at other hotels back in Tampa.I wish all Quality Inn hotels I have stayed in throughout the USA were as good.

Room Tip: Rooms in buidling A/B are quieter at a guess as they are away from the main roads.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank nickB_London_UK

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to a friend. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.