1,670 results
All reviews shula's steakhouse office building rooftop pool panera bread mall across the street parking garage floor to ceiling windows pf changs four star business hotel westshore plaza self park close to the airport front desk staff fitness center lobby area international plaza
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We held our 2.5 half day training at the hotel, close to 50 students and three Instructors. I did not receive one bad comment about the hotel, food, staff, and ambiance. The Front Desk staff is wonderful, and Lisa would take care of locating my boxes and delivering them to the meeting room. I did not have to even check on the F&B during the training, because I knew the banquet staff was always on top of everything. Tarik and ___ would refill and top the coffee on time, clean all the stations, bring lunch on time, and check in with me frequently. Francis ____ made the pre and post process smooth and organized, she even went across the street to a Walgreens to get two bottles of hand sanitizer because we had few students with a cold. The location of the hotel is perfect for a training; close to a mall and restaurants to eat and shop, and the attendees never get tired of their options. It is also close to the airport, which cuts down on the transportation fees. We found our perfect spot and we will be coming back for all three of our trainings in 2018!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LadyLara11
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This beautiful hotel is a very mixed bag for a family stay. It is one of the cleanest and most comfortable rooms I've ever visited, but the view out the window is of the office suites across the beautiful atrium, some of them empty or mid construction. The pool is a cool rooftop affair off the 9th floor with a view of the bay, but it is tiny and also has a view of and smells of the parking deck. The heat was "broken" and I got the idea the pool is not really ever heated. It was too cold for us during a cold spell, but we saw Busch Gardens' fireworks from the deck. The fitness room - if you can find it - is amazing, with high-end treadmills and elliptical machines that you can plug your headphones into and listen to music or watch tv while you exercise. Lots of free weights and a multi-purpose weight machine. The breakfast buffet is $22 and wifi is $15 per night, so like other four star hotels, you pay more to get to pay for services provided for free by three star hotels. All in all I think this is a business hotel for someone who wants to sleep and work out between meetings, for those are the best things about it.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room so you don't have to look at offices
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn C
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Both restaurants were very good. Typical prices for hotel restaurant. Everything was delicious. At the lounge I got fried Calamari, Lobster Bisque soup and Pasta with Shrimp.. The bread was the best I've ever had.. Would love to go back.. The steak house I got the cold seafood sampler, Rib Eye and Fries. I was so stuffed everything was great. The room was beautiful and clean. The pool could be updated it doesn't match the rest of the hotel. Staff was friendly and over all I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Celeste G
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had numerous problems at this hotel. You could hear every foot step, sound, and conversation that was taking place outside of the room. We had the presidential suite. It was anything but presidential. There was no fridge in the room, no alarm clock, the laundry bags were skimpy, the room was not ready at check in time of 3 p.m. (we were due to have an early check in and that did not work out), there were no amenities for platinum members, there was no offer of a water bottle as you were coming or going from the hotel, there was no coffee in the lobby, advertisements for food delivery services were slipped under the door each night. The rollaway bed and extra towels were not in the suite upon check in as requested and followed up on before our arrival. The front desk staff was non responsive and rude. There were no papers delivered outside the door in the morning and no local paper was any where to be found at the hotel. I called James Hellman, the Director of Rooms, twice and he never called me back. I called David Sheets the GM and he did call back but left a message and said he would try to get back in touch with me. I met David when we checked out and he did not seem that interested or that he cared. He followed up later that night and put 20,000 points in our account. That did not cover the suite, and two connecting rooms we had. The gesture was really not appreciated and I would have rather had three good nights of sleep. The points don't make up for that. The hotel is anything but Grand! The service is awful, they delivered rotten bananas and cold food from room service for breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We had never stayed there before but we made our reservations a little over two weeks before we arrived and every other hotel with a large suite was already sold out for those dates and now I see why The Westshore Grand still had rooms open at the last minute.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Keepontruckin123
Chris K, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Keepontruckin123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We have high expectations for ourselves and are all sorry we missed the mark on your experience. You’re absolutely right to have expected much better service from our hotel, especially as an SPG Platinum member, and we apologize for the major inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us on your recent trip to Tampa. We really appreciate the constructive criticism and will constantly work towards meeting that expectation that we proudly set amongst all our guests.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

For someone that is looking for a nice hotel that is extremely clean this is the place for you. We stayed for one night and the staff was really friendly and there is a shopping center right across from it you can walk there. There is a movie theater and many restaurants there to eat. The hotel is great I couldn’t have picked a better place to stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple