1,670 results
All reviews shula's steakhouse office building rooftop pool panera bread mall across the street parking garage floor to ceiling windows pf changs four star business hotel westshore plaza self park close to the airport front desk staff fitness center lobby area international plaza
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This beautiful hotel is a very mixed bag for a family stay. It is one of the cleanest and most comfortable rooms I've ever visited, but the view out the window is of the office suites across the beautiful atrium, some of them empty or mid construction. The pool is a cool rooftop affair off the 9th floor with a view of the bay, but it is tiny and also has a view of and smells of the parking deck. The heat was "broken" and I got the idea the pool is not really ever heated. It was too cold for us during a cold spell, but we saw Busch Gardens' fireworks from the deck. The fitness room - if you can find it - is amazing, with high-end treadmills and elliptical machines that you can plug your headphones into and listen to music or watch tv while you exercise. Lots of free weights and a multi-purpose weight machine. The breakfast buffet is $22 and wifi is $15 per night, so like other four star hotels, you pay more to get to pay for services provided for free by three star hotels. All in all I think this is a business hotel for someone who wants to sleep and work out between meetings, for those are the best things about it.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room so you don't have to look at offices
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Evelyn C
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Both restaurants were very good. Typical prices for hotel restaurant. Everything was delicious. At the lounge I got fried Calamari, Lobster Bisque soup and Pasta with Shrimp.. The bread was the best I've ever had.. Would love to go back.. The steak house I got the cold seafood sampler, Rib Eye and Fries. I was so stuffed everything was great. The room was beautiful and clean. The pool could be updated it doesn't match the rest of the hotel. Staff was friendly and over all I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Celeste G
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had numerous problems at this hotel. You could hear every foot step, sound, and conversation that was taking place outside of the room. We had the presidential suite. It was anything but presidential. There was no fridge in the room, no alarm clock, the laundry bags were skimpy, the room was not ready at check in time of 3 p.m. (we were due to have an early check in and that did not work out), there were no amenities for platinum members, there was no offer of a water bottle as you were coming or going from the hotel, there was no coffee in the lobby, advertisements for food delivery services were slipped under the door each night. The rollaway bed and extra towels were not in the suite upon check in as requested and followed up on before our arrival. The front desk staff was non responsive and rude. There were no papers delivered outside the door in the morning and no local paper was any where to be found at the hotel. I called James Hellman, the Director of Rooms, twice and he never called me back. I called David Sheets the GM and he did call back but left a message and said he would try to get back in touch with me. I met David when we checked out and he did not seem that interested or that he cared. He followed up later that night and put 20,000 points in our account. That did not cover the suite, and two connecting rooms we had. The gesture was really not appreciated and I would have rather had three good nights of sleep. The points don't make up for that. The hotel is anything but Grand! The service is awful, they delivered rotten bananas and cold food from room service for breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We had never stayed there before but we made our reservations a little over two weeks before we arrived and every other hotel with a large suite was already sold out for those dates and now I see why The Westshore Grand still had rooms open at the last minute.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Keepontruckin123
Chris K, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Keepontruckin123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We have high expectations for ourselves and are all sorry we missed the mark on your experience. You’re absolutely right to have expected much better service from our hotel, especially as an SPG Platinum member, and we apologize for the major inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us on your recent trip to Tampa. We really appreciate the constructive criticism and will constantly work towards meeting that expectation that we proudly set amongst all our guests.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

For someone that is looking for a nice hotel that is extremely clean this is the place for you. We stayed for one night and the staff was really friendly and there is a shopping center right across from it you can walk there. There is a movie theater and many restaurants there to eat. The hotel is great I couldn’t have picked a better place to stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adriana0702
Reviewed 1 January 2018

The staff at this hotel was great. From the front desk, to the valet, to the bellhop, to the room service, to the restaurant. Top notch, friendly and helpful. Valet is $20 or self park is free. We stayed in the "presidential suite". While overall it was decent, definitely would not classify it as that. Would consider it more of a business suite for holding a meeting. Would be nice if it had some plates and more glasses. Called room services and they happily brought right up though. The room was comfortable but a little worn deep scratches in the wood floor, but really didn't effect our stay. The suite entertainment area attaches to a regular room. You would anticipate a presidential suite to have a really nice spacious bathroom. This is not the case. Just a regular bath and sleeping room. Like, I said, more of an executive suite.

If you want to sleep in, you may have a challenge with that as apparently hotel guest courtesy has gone out of the window and everyone just lets their doors slam shut now. You could hear this in your room. Not sure how you would fix this - maybe a shock on the door closers? Beds were comfortable with comfortable pillows - would like to have stayed in it longer but other guests were not letting this happen (not the hotels fault).

We didn't eat in Shula's, but had a drink at midnight for NYE. They were amazing and gave out a glass of champagne for the toast and tiaras for the ladies. And they even took the time to offer to take a picture of our group for us. Super nice. Next time we would like to try to eat at the restaurant.

Mall and movies right across the street with a ton of good restaurants in walking distance if you don't want to shell out the benjamins to eat at Shulas.

Overall the room was a little pricey but it was NYE and a Bowl game in town. We would definitely stay here again for a little better price.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple