1,112 results
All reviews free shuttle water works straz center performing arts shuttle service the river walk tampa riverwalk ybor city hillsborough river an older hotel within miles mile radius cruise port fridge and microwave front desk staff hockey game hotel restaurant
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at The Barrymore. The location to the Riverwalk and free shuttle to UTampa were extremely convenient. Our two Boston Terriers were also welcomed. Many thanks to the Front Desk Team for being kind and friendly, especially Octavia and the nice young gentleman (his name escapes me right now). We’ll be seeing you soon on our next visit to Tampa!

Trip type: Travelled with family
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear "Maps232071,"

Good day from the beautiful Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk across the banks of the Hillsborough River in Downtown Tampa! Much gratitude to you for your recent patronage and warm feedback. I recall seeing your cute little Boston Terriers as they pranced out of the elevators and through the hotel's lobby. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with each member of my staff, most certainly Octavia and our very engaging Front Office team.

Thank you again for the opportunity to host you as our guest(s)! We look forward to being of service again in the very near future...

Reviewed 30 October 2018

The staff were very friendly especially lobby attendant Dona. The restaurant downstairs, Water Works, also has some good food, it is especially convenient to just go downstairs and get a meal. Overall it was good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear "Hamid M.,"

Greetings from the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk! Much gratitude to you for your feedback and recent patronage. Indeed, it was a pleasure hosting you as our guest. We appreciate the commentary relative to your restaurant experience in Waterworks. Equally as gratifying is your feedback regarding Donna, who is one of our amazing lobby attendants. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to host you again in the relatively near future...

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel was perfectly located within walking distance of many local attractions. The Riverwalk pathways provided a safe way to walk/bike and access restaurants including a converted warehouse turned into a venue offering various open air dining options!
Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
The beds were a bit too soft for our liking but the room was quiet at night so we had a decent night's sleep regardless. The room was clean and spacious enough for 2 adults. Good value overall.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dearest "BevHunt1969,"

Good evening and greetings from the beautiful Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk! Much gratitude to you for your recent patronage and wonderful review. I will share your feedback with my entire team. We appreciate your comment relative to "good value overall." Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to accommodate you again in the not too distant future...

Reviewed 10 October 2018

My daughter is a student of University of Tampa, and has been placed at the Barrymore by residence life at UT. Since her arrival in late August, both her and her roommate have awaken with bug bites that were not present the night before. Being young adults, they chalked it up to spider bites.

Last night my daughter called me hysterical, because her roommate has welts all over her upper arms, and they finally came to the realization that they are bed bug bites. Both of them are completely grossed out, and not comfortable staying in their room.

I have multiple calls into UT and the GM of the hotel. GM of the hotel has yet to call me back. For the past 3 hours I have been told that they will have to look into it and confirm before they take any course of action, as if the bug bites aren't enough! The university, nor the hotel have offered to move them out of the infested room. Meanwhile, I am footing the bill for an unsanitary living space for my daughter from some 3000 miles away!

How this could possibly be considered satisfactory by anyone's standards is beyond my comprehension. I certainly did not expect substandard living arrangements to be part of my daughter's higher learning experience and am floored that no one else sees the urgency of this matter.

If your son or daughter is accepted at UT and is placed at this hotel, don't accept the offer. Once you are here, it is very hard to get transferred onto campus and a clean and safe living environment!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear "Tami S.,"

Good evening from the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk. It is extremely disappointing that your expectations were not met, and for that, please accept my humblest apologies. We did attempt to make contact within a few hours of your initial call. As your daughter's housing arrangement was secured through the University, the instruction is that all interaction is handled through Residence Life and that all formal responses are handled by that department. It is disappointing that we were not able to speak however, please accept our heartfelt apologies for the initial concern and for not delivering on our service promise. Simultaneously, my team and I were fielding calls in an attempt to possibly assist evacuees who may have sought refuge from an overwhelmingly devastating hurricane. This was after realization that the storm was bypassing the Greater Tampa Bay region and heading into the Northwestern region of the State.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for failing to meet your service expectations and for an untimely response. If the resolution has failed to provide some level of satisfaction, please feel free to contact me via email at "gm@barrymorehotel.com." It would be my pleasure to contact you and speak further at your convenience...

O. Leach

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Cara G. Was very helpful and accomedating during our stay. We were heading out to take our first cruise and she notified us about everything we will need in order to make our departure easier. On top of that she was extremely friendly and amazing at what she does!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gmbarrymore, General Manager at The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear "alexis m,"

Good evening! Hopefully you had an amazingly wonderful first cruise! Thank you so very much for the warm feedback regarding your visit to the Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk and your commentary regarding your interactions with Cara of our Front Office Team. I will share each of your sentiments with her as well as the remainder of my staff. Thank you for your patronage. We look forward to hosting you again in the relatively near future...