“WIFI SPEED MATTERS. THIS IS 2017!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #30 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The wifi speed is really slow, and normally no receptions in the bedroom. The hotel management really needs to spend the time and money to improve the network in the hotel. It is really annoying. Everything else is good! WIFI MATTERS. THIS IS 2017!

Room Tip: If you want to use the wifi, try somewhere else. Otherwise, it is good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Terry A, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear loveeven90,
Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites. We appreciate your valuable feedback. I will share your comments with the IT and Engineering departments. We are continually upgrading our property and will definitely consider your recommendations as well. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

We did not intend to go to Bush Gardens, but once we learned that the Hotel offered discount tickets in addition to a free shuttle we decided to go. This Embassy suites stood out from the rest because of extremely pleasant staff at breakfast. The breakfast host was eager to hand me utensils and napkins to start me on the buffet. He gave an overview of the food available and offered to get additional place settings for anyone else who may be joining me. It's the little stuff that make the stay pleasant. The room was cleaned and organized while we were away. There was one minor issue we encountered which was quickly rectified by the manager along with a very nice snack basket left in our room the next day.

There were 2 negatives about the room. The air conditioner vent over the bar sink was very loud. Also, the refrigerator temperature adjuster was not working and everything was frozen.

Overall a very pleasant stay and would highly recommend for anyone visiting Bush Gardens or downtown Miami.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I would like to begin by saying how pleased we were with our stay at the Embassy Suites at USF. We had to evacuate due to hurricane Irma. My husband and I have two daughters and I have 2 elderly parents. We had to make a decision early what we would do if we had to evacuate and I never second guessed my decision to make reservations at the Embassy Suites at USF.

From the moment we walked in Tony treated us with such care and kindness. He saw how worried we were. He took such good care of us. He offered us breakfast and gave us our room keys after a wonderful meal. Your restaurant staff was also doting to my parents and my family. Staying at the Embassy Suites at USF also relived a lot of stress I was having, worrying about the approaching hurricane, worrying a about my family's safety and comfort. Tony truly has the gift of a kind heart and excellent customer service, and the ability to ease our anxiety.
I felt so at ease. We shared our DVD movies with other children in the ballroom, we met other families during meals and found comfort in an unexpected place. The housekeeping staff made sure everyone had everything we needed. Maria was kind and accommodating.

I realize you must receive millions of responses to surveys. Your staff at the Embassy Suites at USF were in the same boat as their patrons. We were all delay with a scary situation. The difference between your staff and others is that yours never skipped a beat. Never let on of any fear, inconvenience or exhaustion. Unfortunately you don't see that every day. Fortunately, we got to see how tremendously wonderful your Hurricane Irma staff is!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Rooms are spacious, clean, and the hotel staff is almost perfect. Complimentary breakfast was delicious and the breakfast staff set up a table for me. I never felt uncomfortable on my trip alone. Thanks Embassy!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My family and I were required to evacuate during Hurricane Irma. We were very fortunate to evacuate to the Embassy Suites USF. The staff was very attentive and took exceptional care of us. Leslie, the restaurant manager, took an instant liking to our young daughter and helped reassure her during a stressful time. I even inadvertently left my expensive engagement ring behind and Housekeeping secured it until I could pick it up. Additionally, the rooms were so secure we ended up sleeping through Irma during the worst part of the storm. This hotel was amazing!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
1.1 km away
0.2 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Tampa/At USF
0.2 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Tampa USF Near Busch Gardens

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!