“BEST beef brisket”

Ranked #91 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise 4 Rivers was. We visited with family during the start of our vacation. There were 7 of us and we all had a wonderfully delicious meal. I had the beef brisket......moist, tender and full of flavor. You add your own BBQ sauce which in my opinion can be left off......the brisket is so flavor and melt in your mouth yummy. Our son had the Cuban which he described as very good. Also he commented on how wonderful the okra was......and I can vouch for that because I sampled his. So, if you're in Tampa stop in.....you won't be disappointed ☺️

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I cannot praise this place highly enough. It, without doubt is the nicest BBQ I have ever had. I just wish there were more of them.

Service is with a smile and the staff were chatty, made recommendations and allowed me to try things. I took their recommendations and it was incredible. Meat just melted in your mouth, portions were huge and the choice of sides was vast. Often sides are limited and can be boring. No chance here. Everything imaginable.

The place was packed with locals and everyone was saying how good it was. The instore bakery is delightful and cakes are reasonably priced and baked to perfection.

I was only in the area on business otherwise it would be a regular haunt.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We scheduled an evening meeting with a colleague and unexpectedly the food was tasty. I had the smokehouse salad with BBQ chicken added - perfect! The ice tea and corn on the cob was sweet and delicious. The bread pudding was good just needed a little ice cream. The atmosphere was not what I expected, but the food made up for the lack of decor. It is definitely a place we will visit again.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Go to the counter, order your food, meat choice, pay, go get your own drink, then wait for them to bring your food. Looks like a school lunchroom but the food is really good. Ambiance is lacking, not a good place for a business meeting but go for the good BBQ. Pretty much self - service. If you like good southern BBQ, then this is your place.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We had no idea what we were going to find when we went for lunch, but we were pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, and they had quite a few selections. We will be back.

Been to 4 Rivers Smokehouse? Share your experiences!