“Good enough.plus”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Ranked #9 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Booked this hotel for two nights, Labor Day weekend, friday to sunday. Let me say that everyone here is friendly and happy to help. Check in was quick and easy. The suite was clean but not prepared for three people as far as towels and amenities went.
My only real complaint was the bedding. It was stuffed into a plastic bag; the sheet was totally wrinkled like it had been used....only one pillow......a blanket that should have been in a coverlet.
I discovered I was mistaken in thinking that the hotel prepared the sofa bed. I am 76 so just slept on the sofa closed and that was fine. The AC thermostat did not work so could not get the temperature right but it was good enough.
Let me say that the breakfast was outstanding. You could not think of a breakfast food that was not available: Omelets, eggs made to order, sausages, bacon, pancakes, waffles, potatos, toast and unfortunately, very commercial pastry. But you could not ask for more.
All in all

Room Tip: I called this a budget hotel because if you deduct what it would cost you for breakfast you are gett...
1  Thank traveler723
General M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again and give you a five star experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,051)

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Everything was excellent: staff, room accommodations, total appearance, value, breakfast, pool, etc. Would definitely return if back in the area. Highly recommend if you are in need of a place where they aim to please and are right on the money!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank morahfran
General M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review your most recent stay with us. I am thrilled you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for recognizing our great staff. I will be sure to let them know that their hard work and efforts did not go unnoticed. Thank you again for your great review. We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

In this day and age, it is unusual to find a place where the entire staff makes one feel comfortable and safe. Embassy Suites Tampa Brandon is such a place. Realizing that many are arriving here by fleeing north away from the arrival of Irma, the manager called me prior to leaving my home in Naples to inform me that if I desired to extend my stay beyond Saturday, I would be unable since the hotel was fully booked.

This was clearly something she did not have to do, but she did it because she was concerned that we would be without anywhere to go.

Now we have just received a letter from Kelly Klocke, the manager, explaining that the hotel will be offering a Saturday, Sunday and Monday evening buffet and a luncheon buffet on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so that guests will not be forced to leave the premises to search for food during the time of storm arrival.

This is not only unusual...it is unique. My wife and I are senior citizens and we have stayed in many places across the globe; never have we received this kind of treatment. And even though the website states "No Pets" she assured me when we talked that our cat would be welcome.

Kelly is a real value to the Embassy Suites group; she is managing in a very competitive market and is clearly outdoing the competition. Thank you, Kelly.

2  Thank John N
General M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very low caliber Embassy.
Morel Ike Hamton.
It is at least clean.
They are allowing pets.
Wish I had known that when I booked as I am very allergic to pet hair.

Wish I had booked a Hampton.
Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Gay Q
Management response:Responded 18 September 2017

Dear Gay Q,

Thank you for your feedback! We truly appreciate it.
We apologize for any inconvenience allowing pets during a very hard time for the state of Florida when in an emergency. We allowed pets for individuals who needed to evacuate to have a safe haven. During tough times, we come together as a community with safety being our first priority to help one another.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to being your home away from home in the near future.

Best Regards,
Meredith Wreford
Front Office Manager
Embassy Suites Tampa Brandon

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Really enjoyed Complimatery Breakfast and the professionalism of staff (Michael, Cook and Server, Diana) there kindness and welcoming spirits each morning!!! Any need I had was satisfied upon request and with kindness. No complaints with service.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank 518joannw
General M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. We appreciate the great review. Positive feedback empowers us. Our staff takes great pride in what they do and I will share this great feedback with them. We are esteemed you had a pleasant stay. We hope to see you soon!