“Tough”

Westchase Golf Course
Ranked #34 of 89 Outdoor Activities in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: An upscale Par-72 course, Westchase was designed by architect Lloyd Clifton.
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

The course is on the harder side. There's a ton of water hazards and weeds. The course itself is not in brett good shape. Leftover grass from mowing all over and the greens are horrible and patchy. The have tons of pieces of sod laid all over the greens. Pretty bad.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

This course is beautifully maintained and very pretty. It is not an easy course and we needed all the extra balls we had bought. Staff very helpful and accommodating. I can see why it's a favorite with locals.

7  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 21 February 2016

On a business trip to Tamp with a spare day and thought I'd play a round. The course was challenging enough, even toward the target golf category. I was paired up with three great guys that knew the course fairly well. The greens were a bit slow, but overall, the course was in terrific shape. Food was good in the club house. I thought the course was worth the green fees. Worth playing.

7  Thank 49kenl49
Reviewed 14 February 2016

Because I liked the lay out of the holes I gave Westchase another chance. Sadly it was more of a disappointment then the first time I was there. I paid more money to play the course this time and the greens currently have been infested with crab grass, actually the entire course has a lot of crab grass on it. The only decent thing this course has at the moment are the fairways. Sadly I will not be back to Westchase

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Was recommended by a friend in the golf business. Greens were very spotty and slow. Not a typical Florida course condition. Fairways were soaking wet. When I asked for explanation afterwards, the greens were damaged by early fall rain and fairways were overseeded and the need for extra water is paramount. PLEASE tell the golfer!! Too much/too little rain seems to be a great excuse. These greens were worse than the winter greens I am putting on in PA right now. Plus, I found a receipt in cart from day before. I was charged $52 at 1 pm and it said PM Fall rate. receipt in cart had $41 for a 9:30 am time and said Winter PM. Pro shop blew me off saying it was a resident of community. Not on receipt. 2 positives= beverage cart girl and chicken salad sandwich.