“Worth playing”

Westchase Golf Course
Ranked #34 of 95 Outdoor Activities in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: An upscale Par-72 course, Westchase was designed by architect Lloyd Clifton.
Reviewed 21 February 2016

On a business trip to Tamp with a spare day and thought I'd play a round. The course was challenging enough, even toward the target golf category. I was paired up with three great guys that knew the course fairly well. The greens were a bit slow, but overall, the course was in terrific shape. Food was good in the club house. I thought the course was worth the green fees. Worth playing.

7  Thank 49kenl49
All reviews
"pro shop"
in 8 reviews
"in great shape"
in 5 reviews
"lots of water"
in 4 reviews
"enjoyable round of golf"
in 2 reviews
"tees"
in 3 reviews
"game"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 14 February 2016

Because I liked the lay out of the holes I gave Westchase another chance. Sadly it was more of a disappointment then the first time I was there. I paid more money to play the course this time and the greens currently have been infested with crab grass, actually the entire course has a lot of crab grass on it. The only decent thing this course has at the moment are the fairways. Sadly I will not be back to Westchase

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Was recommended by a friend in the golf business. Greens were very spotty and slow. Not a typical Florida course condition. Fairways were soaking wet. When I asked for explanation afterwards, the greens were damaged by early fall rain and fairways were overseeded and the need for extra water is paramount. PLEASE tell the golfer!! Too much/too little rain seems to be a great excuse. These greens were worse than the winter greens I am putting on in PA right now. Plus, I found a receipt in cart from day before. I was charged $52 at 1 pm and it said PM Fall rate. receipt in cart had $41 for a 9:30 am time and said Winter PM. Pro shop blew me off saying it was a resident of community. Not on receipt. 2 positives= beverage cart girl and chicken salad sandwich.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I played the Lakes course on 11-2-2015 and it's a really nice course. The course is not in perfect shape, but it's a fantastic layout. Staff was extremely friendly and I would definitely go back an play again. The course is very picturesque and provides a good challenge.

4  Thank Kevin S
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Played this course on 9+30-15….after hearing this was a great track, was very disappointed. The first 5 greens were more brown than green. Tee box were sparse, more mud than grass. The course was very wet when I played, cart path only. When you lose balls in the fairway due to plugging, the course probably should have been closed. Better course can be found especially in the Bradenton area.

1  Thank HiBall6265

Been to Westchase Golf Course? Share your experiences!