“Bad food, poor service, way over priced”

Sam Snead's Grill & Tavern
Ranked #1,667 of 2,738 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Got $20 in vouchers when the flight was delayed. Figured a nice, sit down meal. Nearly 10 minutes after I sat down for a server to take order. When it did make it back, was dropped on the table so hard it rattled. Had to ask another server for silverware. None on the table. Fish and chips had decent fries and coleslaw. Fish was burned on the outside and the dough was completely raw inside. Tasted terrible. Free meal and it wasn't even worth that. Both pieces of fish the same way. Left the vouchers and left. Probably the worst airport meal I've had in years and I was a road warrior for a long time. Never go back. Poor service and terrible food.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 4 February 2016

Stopped in for dinner before our flight. Glad we got to airport 2 hours early. Waited 3-5 minutes for host to seat us, then had another wait for waitress, and even a longer wait to get our drinks. only had one bartender, and he was waiting on customers at the bar plus getting drinks for the whole restaurant. I wanted a 2nd V&T but waitress never came over to see if we wanted another round. Glad she didn't was $9.69 and very watered down. DW had a Riesling and it was $9. We got our 2nd drink on the plane for $7 each.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Although the server was prepared to have the cook make me a grilled cheese off the menu (along with a soup), I went for the cheese burger and fries. I couldn't finish the meal it was so good and so filling! The prices are reasonable for an airport restaurant.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

I came here on a spontaneous visit for a light lunch prior to boarding a flight home to New England recently. Their prices are slightly higher than some other restaurants at the Tampa airport, but within the ballpark. I liked the menu posted and the feel of the dark-wooded, nicely-lit establishment. I was greeted by the host/server and sat in a nice booth near the front door.

I ordered an iced water, then the seafood bisque: white fish, scallops, finished with a sherry cream..... and a large glob of sour cream on top. The seafood pieces were fairly miniscule, and the bisque was bland, needing salt & pepper. Mostly I did not understand why they plopped a large hunk of sour cream in the soup..... it cooled down the temperature and flattened the taste of the soup even more. The flat bread of roasted red pepper, black olives, capers and ricotta was more pleasing. It was a large-enough portion that I took half of it with me on the plane. Again, the flat bread needed salt & pepper added, and was a bit buttery, but overall it was pretty good, and very fresh.

My server was attentive and professional throughout lunch, and I never felt rushed. Total including tax & tip came to $22.00. I would go back to Sam Snead's, a place I had not eaten before, though I might be more discerning on what exactly I order from the menu now that I've been once.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

We were seated right away and our order taken. Our drinks came followed by the flatbread we had as an app (i would recommend the both the shrimp and the chicken flatbread). Our meals came, which were subpar, and we never saw our server again excpt to drop our check off on the way to another table. We had been done with our meal for 10 minutes or more by then and did want more drinks and possibly some desserts. Since she didn't actually acknowledge us when she put the check on the table we just left. There were only 2 othere tables there and 1 person at the bar and she was not the only server so I am not sure why we seemed to inconvenience her so much. Wish we would have gone to Quiznos.

Date of visit: January 2016

Been to Sam Snead's Grill & Tavern? Share your experiences!