“Excellent service”

Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore
Ranked #11 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nuce hotel and great location. The whole staff was extremely cordial and helpful, especially Jamie the manager

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Nancy W
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so pleased that you experienced the fantastic service that our staff provides. I will certainly share your kind comments with Jamie and acknowledge her great work. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed in the lovely hotel prior to 5 day cruise on the "Sleep and Sail" package. They picked me up from dropping off my rental and allowed us to use the facilities while we waited for our room. They took us to the port for our cruise while giving us a tour of the area on the way. They were very prompt at picking us up from the port. Since my family was driving home, I had to fly from Tampa international. I had a very late flight and graciously the shuttle dropped me off and picked me up from the international plaza which was lovely. They were very kind about my long wait and made sure I was comfortable and relaxed prior to going to the airport. I would highly recommend this property to anyone especially for cruises or meetings that don't require a rental car.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Doll2483

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am excited that you enjoyed your stay and that our shuttle service was perfect for your transportation needs. I trust that you enjoyed a fantastic 5-day cruise, as well. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again during your future cruises out of Tampa.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 days in March. I arrived from PA and was greeted at the airort with the shuttle from Wyndham. From the moment I stepped into the shuttle until the day we left the service was amazing! My boyfriend and I were treated like family. By the third day most of the staff knew us by our first name and were always happy to see us. A huge thank you to Anthony, Kenny, Jenn Hand, Jamee, Pam Avery and especially Godson and Colleen. You made our stay so relaxing and enjoyable! We will back for sure even if just to say HELLO!Thanks for making us feel like part of your family! You all deserve applause!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EB218
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Honestly, we expected more from a Wyndham hotel - especially in downtown Tampa! This is clearly an old building that has been semi-remodeled but is still sub-par compared to other hotels in the same price range. The only mirror in the room is above the very small vanity area making it impossible for two people to get ready at the same time. The outlet by the vanity was so old that it was impossible to use (the plug kept falling out of the wall). My wife got so frustrated that we requested another room. We relocated and had the exact same problem in the second room -- only this time the hair dryer literally self-destructed a few seconds after plugging it in (to an outlet near the bed, without a mirror); the motor locked-up, shot sparks and started smoking! Ugh. Maintenance brought us another crappy hair dryer but the bottom line is this hotel is less than satisfactory. We checked out after two nights and spent the rest of our vacation at another hotel. Save yourself the frustration and find another place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarpeDiemViEtVirtute
pamavery, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. Please accept my apology for the issues with the outlet and hairdryer that you experienced in your guest room. I have addressed your comments with our Engineering and Housekeeping departments so that they may look into these areas and immediately correct any issues. I apologize for any inconvenience you were caused. I do hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Tampa and that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at and meeting in this hotel March 27 & 28, 2012. This property is nicely appointed and well maintained. The food served at the breakfast buffet was good and the lunch offering of a red snapper sandwhich was outstanding! All that is nice, but what made this a memorable trip for me was the staff.

Julie at the front desk handled my check-in and was most pleasant and helpful, particularly with her arranging dinner reservations for my dining group.

I found that I needed to make last minute arragements for a meeting room. The Sales Manager, Judy, handled my request quickly, professionaly and above all cheerfully. She provided a nicely sized room that served our purpose well. The follow up on the day of the meeting by the Assistant GM, Jerry, along with other members of the staff was also handled very professionally and cheerfully.

I wish I could book all of my meetings at this hotel.

JPG

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank J G

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Tampa Westshore. I am so excited that our fantastic staff created such a memorable experience for your during your visit. I will certainly share your kind comments with Julie, Judy and Jerry and acknowledge them for their superior service. I am also so pleased that you enjoyed the quality of the food in our Blue Water Grill restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!