“Food was good, service average”

Downtown Tampa Pita Pit
Ranked #623 of 2,738 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

It was New Years Eve and my daughter and I wanted dinner. After ice skating, we walked and saw that Pita Pit was open. Now, I love pita sandwiches and even though the cashier was a really nice, decent girl...the vibe wasn't. But as I always say...gotta try things at least once.
It seems that holidays and fast food don't mix?

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Pita Pit offers another good option for sandwiches from typical sub shops with choices like falafel and hummus amongst others.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 29 February 2016

My wife and I ordered a delivery very late at night from a menu recommended by our hotel. I did not expect a great meal. I was wrong. The food form the Pita Pit was great. Fresh and delicious.
It was so good that we ordered from the Pita Pit the next day as well.
I would highly recommend a visit to this very modest looking restaurant.
Not to be missed if you like vegetarian food.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I personally think it's sort of trashy when multiple tables are occupied by the workers on their break chatting away on cellphones, but the food was excellent.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 29 October 2015

If you are in the mood for a change from your fast food rut, consider Pita Pit. The food is fresh, made to order, and healthy options are available. You place your order and then give directions as your pita is prepared. Whole wheat or white pitas are the first selection. If you are eating low carb you can skip the bread and order it as a salad. My favorite is the Chicken Souvlaki (think Greek) which I always order with spinach, tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce. incredible. You can add items or leave them out as you prefer. Friendly staff behind the counter and delivery is available to downtown locations.

Date of visit: October 2015

Been to Downtown Tampa Pita Pit? Share your experiences!