“Good Quick BBQ on the Cheap”
Review of BJ's Alabama BBQ

BJ's Alabama BBQ
Ranked #412 of 2,460 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 20 November 2016

My husband and I had the lunch special which was a BBQ beef, pork, or chicken sandwich with 1 side and a drink for $6.50. I'm gluten-free so I had the special BBQ chicken without the bun, iced tea, and cole slaw. My husband had the BBQ pork with potato salad and water. April is the owner and Reggie was our server & cashier behind the counter. They support the military with a 10% discount before tax! Their sauce is a slightly spicy ~ mildly sweet one available on the side or over the meat. This is a very small place with 5 tables inside and 4 picnic style tables out front. No A/C, 1 bathroom, menu posted on the wall, and the food served up while you wait at the counter, served on disposable plates, utensils, and cups. Ribs, Chicken, Pork, Beef, Sausage & Sides available for purchase by the pound or pint. The food was good & I plan to order the BBQ pork by weight to go next time - Great take out place.

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Have been here during a stopover in Tampa on our Florida trip. We had a motel right over the street. It's not the most beautiful place on earth but it was an amazing original bbq experience with a very lovely people working there. Can really recommend to go there.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Very tender and tasty ribs. Not a place to eat in, but an excellent take out. Meat is good!...oh and they have AC now...

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

I'll pass on the sides and dining in. No AC, very hot and untidy inside (looked like under construction). Staff friendly and attentive. Pulled pork was good although the bun was small and fell apart, I'm used to it coming with slaw on top or side to eat with it; ribs were good size and cooked well. We liked the sauce. Mac & cheese was cold and hard, the cheese was cheap, not tasty at all. The greens were cold and unseasoned. The potato salad was the only side we liked.

Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Telekom
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We tried tried all of their meats, their cornbread, white bread, sides (potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, green beans) and we weren't impressed by any of it. The white bread was stale. The corn bread wasn't homemade. The meats, in particular the chicken and the ribs, were just not good. The customer service was no good. The restaurant wasn't clean. Before we left we saw the woman behind the counter take a dirty rag and wipe down the side of a potato salad container. Then she put what she wiped off back into another container that. I saw her serve that to someone else. Yuck.

Been to BJ's Alabama BBQ? Share your experiences!