“Mouth watering brisket and pulled pork”
Review of Holy Hog Barbecue

Holy Hog Barbecue
Ranked #281 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Established in 2010. Owner and founder Danny Hernandez was born into a family with a passion for food and excellence. After working in his family's Cuban-style restaurant in Tampa, Hernandez gravitated toward another genre close to his heart: the smoky flavors of barbecue. Determined to share it with the community he loved, Hernandez opened the first Holy Hog Barbecue in Tampa, offering authentic southern barbecue nuanced with Cuban flavors. Today, Holy Hog has grown to four locations in the Tampa Bay area. We're also thrilled to have two locations at Amalie Arena, home of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning and venue of choice for A-list performers and shows.
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Not much to look at from the outside (what great bbq place is). But, the smoke scent pulled us right in. We were just driving by. The prices were fair and selection good. What was nice was how friendly the staff was. There is limited stool seating on the inside and picnic tables on the outside. I had the brisket that just melted in my mouth. My friend had pulled pork that was sauced just right. They also have their own house sauces. I will be back here and might hit a Barbeque fest in St Pete to look them up for more.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

If you are a first timer ask for help. We weren't sure what to order and they recommended the burnt ends which were amazing. Also don't leave without an order of corn fritters. Out of this world!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I was in Tampa for baseball games and was looking for barbecue. I grew up in South Carolina so I like to think I know something about good barbecue. This wasn't very special. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It was ok, nothing special.
The people here were very nice. The place is small. Prices were pretty good. Parking is ok.
I will try another barbecue joint before returning here

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I would go here 3 or 4 times a month, Love the BBQ and the sauces. Prices were also very good. What I have noticed the past couple times is the portion size seems to be getting a little smaller each time I go and the prices seem to be inching up and you are left with less food for more money. I really hate to see this happen as I have now reduced my visits to maybe 1 time a month or once every 2 months. Food is still great though.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite and was pleasantly surprised. Quick service we both got a brisket meal. Came with garlic toast and your choice of two sides. I highly recommend the loaded potato salad. We went outside to sit on the patio and have a brew. It was a nice time.

Been to Holy Hog Barbecue? Share your experiences!