“Authentic”

Ranked #120 of 2,732 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Historic Ybor
Description: Shells has been serving the Tampa Bay Area Great Casual Seafood for the past 30 years. We search near and far to bring you finest and freshest quality seafood at Dockside prices daily. All of our seafood is prepared fresh to order by our Seafood Experts and served in a casual friendly atmosphere that will impress your family and friends without depressing your wallet. At Shells our motto is what you eat is more important than what you wear!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the real thing! Good seafood! Nice staff! A big surprise! Not fancy and not expense! I can’t wait to go back! I am on a diet right now; so I had the wedge salad with shrimp; dad had haddock piccata ! Yum! Yum!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were greeted with...it is happy hour all day, every day!
The staff was all very friendly.
Food was amazing - we had the salmon, crab cakes, shrimp scampi, shrimp and scallops and the steamed clams!
Food was great and so were the prices.
We will be back for sure!!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We stopped here for a Saturday lunch, and since I will only eat Grouper while I am in this area, figured it was worth a shot. Definitely not disappointed, sandwich was very tasty and the beer was ice cold. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

After returning from a cruise, we stayed in Tampa for a few days. Finding Shell's was a stroke of great luck! My shrimp & scallop pasta was loaded with seafood, and the clam chowder was awesome. My hubby had maui maui topped with peppers and tomatoes, and it also looked really good. As there was nothing left, I assume it tasted as good as it looked. Our server, Fallon, was incredibly sweet and wonderful. She added to our experience in the best possible way!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

Honestly, I had forgotten all about Shells and then stopped in there about a month ago. Since then I have been back 3 times. I forgot how great the food was, the friendly and casual atmosphere and the decent prices for meals. The menu is not massive, but there are many options to chose from. They always have fresh catch options on the board. If you have not been to Shells, you MUST stop in and try it.