“Cuban sandwich and Devil crab - FANTASTIC”

Brocato's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #4 of 79 Quick Bites in Tampa
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: In 1948, Brocato’s opened its doors for business. From grocery store to meat market, to sandwich shop, Brocato’s has always strived to provide the best sandwich in Tampa, combined with friendly service. These valuse, coupled with the hard work and dedication of the Brocato’s family, have attracted and maintained loyal customers through the years. Fast forward 63 years later to 2012, and while countless restaurants, diners and sandwich shops have come and gone, Brocato’s is still making the best sandwich with the best service in Tampa. Everyone at Brocato’s is committed to giving you, our customers, the best sandwich and the best service possible. We thank you for making Brocato’s one of Tampa Bay’s long standing traditions.
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The food, the service, the quantity, what's not to like about this place. The cuban bread is the real deal. You will definitely want to stop here if you are anywhere near here. You won't be disappointed. Sure wish I lived closer.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Pure nostalgia! Grew up in Tampa and lived only 10 blocks from this shop! Parents would go on occasion (as mother cooked many of these dishes) - the deviled crab and stuffed potato are OUTSTANDING!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Each and every time I have come to Brocato's for the last 25 years, I have been impressed with what I got. I have never had a bad meal here yet and have recommended this place to many people over the years. I had a friend visiting from out of state and I brought them here. They were initially turned off by the line they saw, but I assured them that the line goes down quickly. When we got our sandwiches and went outside to eat, my friends comment was, "Wow! I don't think I can eat all of this!". I jokingly refer to their sandwiches as the "Noah Sandwich" because it seems to have 2 of every animal on it. Their Cuban sandwiches are second to none. Their stuffed potato's and deviled crabs are the best in town. For a restaurant to have made it as long as they have, and endured the ups and downs that come with it, they truly are a special place.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Hard to find, but keep looking, you are in for the best deviled crabs in the Tampa area. And the best news for us visiting from Illinois, they ship across the US!!!! I couldn't think of a better Christmas Eve dinner.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Used to eat here weekly when we lived in the Tampa area. When we returned after several years I was determined to make it one of our first stops. Over the years I watched Brocato's grow from a tiny spot into a destination. This is a testament to how wonderful this family is. It is a pleasure to see Michael still working the sandwich board and carrying on the family's fine business. Brocato's still feels like home to me even though Tampa does not.
You will be hard pressed to find a better sandwich or deviled crab anywhere else in the Bay Area. So just suck it up and wait your turn in line, there is a very good reason it is so long.

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Brocato's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!