“Not same standards ”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I am the biggest lover of the First Watch restaurants, however this one needs a little work. I eat at First watch at least 3 times a week, but never this one. Today after ordering coffee I was given one cup only with no refill offered. All the others give you an insulated pot for refills. I also got cold toast Roth in melted butter spread on top. The waitress never checked back until I’d eaten everything except the toast. I asked if she could put the toast under a heat lamp to melt the butter. She got me new toast, that was nice, but never offered another cup of coffee. Will not be returning to this one. The others are great.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

excellent food but smelly cups. great service and the food arrived fast. the thing is that the cups smelled like eggs... almost threw up.l

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We tried to try out First Watch last year, but the 45 minute wait at the door dissuaded us from sticking around too much longer. Our usual location is on Causeway in Brandon, but there was a 60-minute wait. After seeing that we could place reservations through the app, we did so at the Fowler location since there was only a 15-minute wait, and that's how far away we were. Use the app.

There was a wait. There is always a wait. It's that good, so plan ahead. We put our name on the list, and a surprisingly short time later, we were seated. The locations we've been to have limited seating, which is strange considering how popular they are. The decoration is one of tasteful farmhouse, and that means while there are the usual knickknacks hanging on the walls, like cast iron pans, and tractor seats, it's not overdone. It's an apropos decor considering their theme of farm to table, organic when possible, and as few modifications along the way as they can get away with.

One would be forgiven for thinking, that, based on this description, it's a hippy-dippy place, but it's opposite of that. Each item on the menu is well thought out, a lot of family favorites, and, most importantly, fresh. Fruits, berries, and vegetables play important roles, the bread is anything but white, and eggs are free range. There is a seasonal menu, and the regular menu changes pretty frequently. The coffee is fantastic, and the service is outstanding.

After our very successful and enjoyable first visit, it's become a fast favorite. I highly recommend trying it out.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Thank goodness for this place. My usual breakfast place seems to have gone to the dogs so imagine my delight to find this place. The service, food, venue and value were all top notch. I downloaded their app so that I might avoid some of the waits that likely ensue from their popularity. You can make reservations that alert you to how long you might have to wait or otherwise when to avoid a wait.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here on a Saturday. Short wait of about 15 min which was worth it. Food is fresh, hot, tasty and very reasonably priced. I’ve eaten at a First Watch downtwon Tampa and has a great experience as well. Great healthy options in addition to traditional breakfast and lunch items.

Excellent service and a super experience!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank ChgoJohn

Been to First Watch? Share your experiences!