“Boutique restaurant”
Review of Michael's Grill

Michael's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #235 of 2,460 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We tried Michaels Grill for the first time, venturing out looking for something different. We were welcomed into the cozy dining room. We were seated at a table near the bar/kitchen.
Our waitress seemed new she couldn't answer the questions we asked but offered to find out. The menu had a good variety, the prices were $20 and up for an entree. We opted for no appetizer but were offered fresh bread. The meals were delivered and looked great. I cut into my steak, ordered medium, it was medium rare or less. I didn't complain but it was definitely not cooked to my liking. The twice baked potato was very tasty but small.
The food was decent but the overall experience wasn't impressive. I felt that the waitress was nice but should have been more knowledgeable, she didn't check on us after the food was delivered and not because the dining room was full.
In my opinion the prices were a little high, $29 for a steak and $12 for a well drink. I won't visit again, there are so many restaurants to try. The welcoming staff and personal visit from the chef was s nice touch but didn't make my visit memorable.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We had a lunch meeting for 15 people on a Sunday. We were seated in the back room. They were very prompt and accurate with all of the orders. The food was good and the prices were good. We will be back. Thanks

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Food was ok. Not my favorite place to visit. I had the burger and it was decent but for the price I expected better. Egg rolls were really greasy

Reviewed 7 December 2016

My family and I, twelve persons total, had brunch on Sunday at Michael's Grill. Our waitperson was Chelsea and it was a wonderful experience. The food was presented beautifully. prepared well, and tasted divine! They were even able to accommodate my 3 year-old twins.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

It was a Monday evening when we found Michael's Grill, and we are so glad we did. The menu is varied and excellent. I had the Chicken Marengo and my wife the Peach Duck. First, it didn't arrive 10 minutes after we ordered it like in a lot of places. This took longer: the reason is they cook from scratch! You would think that the Peach Duck would come with some sticky sweet glaze, but no, it was very light and just right. My chicken was incredibly flavorful. We ordered the house Cabernet, only $6, and it was as good as $14 glasses we drink in more expensive restaurant. And all of this at a reasonable price, in a lovely setting. We ate outdoors on their quiet patio. We will be back!

1  Thank DocAndyHouston

Been to Michael's Grill? Share your experiences!