“Excellent”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,732 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Cypress
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Fast friendly courteous service. Outstanding food. Clean. The Israeli couscous is amazing. The standard for good dining. Will visit often.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Reason for visit “Sunday lunch with the family”

Main Course:)
Medium rare prime rib was very good, the family also loved the ribs( meat was so tender it fell off the bones)

Other items to try :
*House dressing : Great dressing for a simple salad.
*Spinach dip was also a nice addition

Not that everyone starts with dessert but if so, the warm “non/traditional carrot cake “ with warm icing is great!

The waiter was very pleasant and he was always on top of request and drinks/refills.Friendly service with quality food:)

Thanks for making my mother-in-law Sunday brunch special.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I dined at J’Alexanders the other night and it was incredible. From the courteous staff, to the appetizers, and the main entrees were all just phenomenal. There were plenty of options for both the entire family and our 2 kids. The manager, Bailey, was very delightful and ensured we were having the best dining experience. Looking forward to coming back!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We were in Tampa to board a cruise ship and staying the night when riding by I saw J Alexander’s and I have heard nothing but great things from my daughter about their veggie burger but that was not the case for us. I must also say that we did get our order to go so that could have made a difference maybe. Our veggie burgers were very mushy and we couldn’t finish them. I will say that it had a good taste to it but just not firm at all enough to eat. I would maybe try again going inside to eat but never take out for sure.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

My friend took me here for my birthday dinner. I understand the name is being changed to Redlands Grill. I chose the half rotisserie chicken with smashed potatoes. The serving was very generous and I was able to take some home as well. Our server was excellent.

Been to J Alexander's Restaurant? Share your experiences!