“Excellent Service”

Denny's
Ranked #1,704 of 2,734 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived before a trip to Busch Gardens. It was quite quiet and we were seated straight away. We didn't notice an offer that they had running as we walked in but the server pointed it out.
She was very attentive and the food was really good compared to what you can get on places like international drive in Orlando. We will be visiting again when we visit bush gardens.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

we pop in for breakfast from time to time. The staff is always friendly and the food is always good. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I have spent many mornings having breakfast at Denny’s. This might just have been my last. The place was dirty, with slow service, cold food and a distressing overall appearance. The bathroom had one stall closed and the other was likely in violation of health codes. We spent 45 minutes waiting for the meal. Getting a coffee refill was almost impossible. One couple of ladies actually left after waiting for much too long for coffee. A group of guys who came while we were eating were probably the only saving grace to the morning as their exuberance was a pleasant break from what appeared to be a general dissatisfaction from many guests. But true to Denny’s usual form the customers just kept coming.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Upon arrival, we were instantly seated with our beverage order taken. Our food was as-ordered and tasted great. I think we waited just over 10 minutes, which was good because we were in a hurry. Our waitress was personable and attentive. My only complaint of the whole experience was the fact that I received the crappiest iced coffee (I ordered their cold brew which I've had before) I've ever had from a Denny's, which cost the review one star....literally watered down coffee and ice - that's it. I'd definitely eat here again, minus the coffee.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I will start by saying, the previous reviews are spot on. We arrived at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. Busy, but lots of empty tables. We were asked to wait and someone would be right with us. 3 other parties walked in and were taken. There are 4 of us. We are sat and waited 16 mins. before a server came for our drinks. "Your not my table, but I will get your drinks." We asked her 2 question and the response was, "I am new here." Our server came to us 26 mins after we sat down. This may not seem very long, but it gets so much better. She told us they are short staffed and she will get our order in. 30 mins. later we ask how much longer as we are with a small child. She then said that when we came in there was at least a 45 min. wait on food and they are backed up. We never raised our voices or were rude, but asked why this was not communicated to us. After this exchange she went to the server station and started telling the other servers that she was tired of this and now the customers were yelling at her. Now we are the subject of the servers. I re-iterate, we never raised our voices as we had already decided to speak to the manager after we paid the bill. We ate our breakfast listening to the hostess walking back and forth saying, "I don't care if they fire me, I don't need this job." ???? She must have had other issues on her mind and felt like sharing. Part of our order was not delivered. Our server was extremely nice offering us drinks to take with us. We politely thanked her and declined. I paid the bill even leaving a 10% tip(generous) and asked to speak to the manager. We have been in this establishment now 1 hour 40 mins. 10 minutes later I left. The manager never came out. All the while being whispered about by the staff. Never made a scene or raised my voice.

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!