1,175 results
All reviews upscale mall bay street neiman marcus pelagia trattoria aveda products capital grille front desk high end mall great hotel close to the airport cheesecake factory the club lounge self parking restaurants and bars minutes from the airport business meeting fitness center
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were allocated our room. Reception were not the most welcoming or friendly and when we got to our room, we were allocated one bed for family of four. When I phoned to reception they said as we booked with a third party, family rooms were not guaranteed!!! Back to reception with kids and luggage to get new room! Bad start however lovely hotel with great pool area and fantastic location for airport and mall. Staff could have been more welcoming!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Lorna H,

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel for your accommodation and for sharing your review. We are disappointed we failed to provide you & your family the best possible welcome at check-in. However, we are delighted you left the hotel with an overall good impression and you liked our nice location and great amenities. Thanks again, and we certainly hope you will come back for a problem-free visit the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is wonderful. It is ideally located in the middle of everything, it was literally a 15 minute drive to everywhere we needed to go. The hotel was beautifully decorated, including modern decorum through out the lobby and guest rooms. Upon entry into the hotel we were wowed by everything and greeted by the staff immediately. I would most definitely recommend or come back for a visit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Shannen G,

Thank you for staying at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel and for sharing your review. We are pleased to know you had a wonderful stay with us and loved our excellent location, beautiful facility, and friendly staff. Thanks again for recommending us to future guests, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Its started with arrival, it started with prior Marriott expectation, the Front Desk wow reception at arrival, awesome room, amenities, great bed, shower, gels, soaps all the way to the restuarant with Nick, Gary and team...thanks for making my stay one of the best in my Marriott Experience....thanks so much for showing, doing and through requesting return that Hospatility is very much alive......

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear SC J,

As a member of Marriott Rewards, we appreciate your loyalty to our brands, and we are so glad we could welcome you to the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel Thank you for the wonderful compliments on our hospitality and our attention to detail. All of our associates are dedicated to going the extra mile in taking care of guests. Thank you for your kind compliments about our entire team, and especially Nick and Gary. Please be assured we will pass on your comments to them. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to have you back with us again in future.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is situated in the heart of a complex that includes everything from Nordstrom to the Cheesecake Factory. All destinations are a short walk outside the hotel proper with a lovely restaurant in the hotel that was great for breakfast and dinner, too. Bars and restaurants are everywhere with music coming out onto the common walkway. It is very convenient to everything in downtown Tampa. We really enjoyed staying there. The room was clean, lovely linens on the beds with all the goodies you look for in a well-stocked room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank GrandTour590972
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel for your accommodation and for sharing your review. We are glad to know you had a wonderful stay with us and loved our prime location, along with your well-equipped room. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite Member.
I would have given my stay 5 stars if the hotel had NOT dropped the ball on my 2 room reservation so many times even AFTER self check-in requiring me to spend another 30 minutes at the front desk after a long 4 hour drive to get to hotel.
I stayed here for a conference.
I was upgraded to the 8th floor Concierge Level which is top notch with a view of the airport.
Excellent staff and service in club lounge with quality food.

Rooms are quiet and well insulated except for doors slamming shut in the early am.
The rooms and hallways are all grey which is neutral and soothing except for large wallpaper mural of man’s torso in a boat covering wall next to bed. Who’s idea was that?
I would suggest a photo of native wildlife to bring some color and Nature into the room.
Great giant flat screen and stand alone shower ( no kids tub...yay!)
8th floor should be all king beds since this is a business hotel.
I could not reserve 2 king rooms on 8th floor.
Nice sized gym.
Pool is small and no views.
The hotel is next to Neiman Marcus which is part of a upscale mall.
Rooms and hotel insides are spotless with great housekeeping staff.
Outside furniture in courtyard by fountain is old and dirty. Cushions need to be cleaned and/or replaced.
Conference attendees spend a lot of time here between sessions to warm up in the sun.
Free self parking or valet for $22.
One can walk to Capital Grille or drive to many near by restaurants.
2 miles to airport but I never heard any plane noise.
Again, if the hotel had not messed up my reservation after speaking to manager, Jeremy, the day before AND the conference room rate manager the morning I checked in, I would have had a perfect stay and given 5 stars.
I arrived at front desk with 4 different open reservations.
I expect better from the Renaissance.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear mealybug,

Thank you for your detailed feedback of Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel! We are glad you had an overall pleasant experience. However, we are sorry for the issues you had upon arrival and will share it with our housekeeping staff to be more diligent going forward. Also, your comments let us know we have room for improvement and we have made a note of it. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Elite member and look forward to your next stay.