“Grand Old Dame”
Review of Tampa Theatre

Tampa Theatre
Ranked #4 of 198 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: 1926 movie palace is on the National Register of Historic Places and still plays its Wurlitzer organ before shows.
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a treasure that Tampa must always keep and support. I have not seem a theater as beautiful since I was a child and my mother would take me to the Lowe's theater in Jamaica, Queens, NYC.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Really glamourous old movie theater that has been well preserved and has the old organ and candy counter. Take the tour or attend a movie.

2  Thank tripster813
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This place is simply amazing. The building is from Hollywood's Silver Screen era - once there, you can just imagine how it was so many years ago. The best part - we recently saw "Casablanca" there - was the man playing all of the movie's show tunes on the Wurlitzer Organ. Even if you don't want to watch a movie there, you will be stunned at the beauty of an ordinary tour!

1  Thank Pasoporaqui
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I absolutely love the building...the first time I was there I spent almost as much time admiring the carvings and atmosphere as watching the movie...and, it was nice to be able to have a glass of wine while I watched. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

2  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We love the Tampa Theatre ... had fun on the tour and learning about the hauntings and renovations. It was a highlight to be able to hear the organ get played and watch a fab movie!

1  Thank TIWendy