“Home cookin' at it's best”
Review of Hank's

Hank's
Ranked #173 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 8 April 2017

This is only my second time at Hanks. My first trip was a business lunch. This time, I brought my wife along to check it out. I was told that since this was my second visit, I was now "family"!

We started off with some fried green tomatoes. We both had a half order of their ribs. IU had baked beans and collard greens for my two sides. My wife had fried okra and collard greens.

I wanted to try their ribs, as I had had their catfish on my last visit. Ribs were meaty, and tasty. I love their collard greens. We were too full to have dessert.

Our bill was $34 before tip.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We used to be regulars but have not been back in quite awhile due to food not as good as in the past.

Tonight for what ever reason my husband wanted to come here for dinner.

$38.00 for two dinners and one drink.
We don't mind paying for a good meal.

Husband got the special for ribs.
Sides costs extra.

I got a platter with sausage and Brisket with collars greens and fried tomatoes.

The sausage they served me were burnt so bad that the piece of bread they sit the sausage on was black.
The Brisket was cold.

My husband took it back to the counter and informed them of the problems.
They replaced the items and they were better.

The collar greens and fried green tomatoes were the stars of my entire meal.

Husband said the ribs were tuff and had little flavor.

I don't think we will return.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Most anything you get here is good to outstanding. The best fried green tomatoes I've ever had anywhere, always served hot & crispy with a delicious green goddess dipping sauce. Tried their jumbo smoked wings for the first time tonight and I've discovered a new fave. They are humongous, coated in a terrific dry rub and had such a fantastic smoke flavor they needed no sauce at all. My husband and father-in-law both swear by the fried catfish. Oh, and they also have collard greens on the menu which is another big plus in my book. The atmosphere is cozy casual country chic with patsy Cline and Willie Nelson crooning softly in the background. Go you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

If you've not been to Hank's on N. Dale Mabry, you're missing out. The sweet smoke aroma envelops you the moment you open the car door. Walking inside, you're welcomed by a warm, quaint, comfortable atmosphere. There's quite a selection of entrees, and sides to satisfy any taste. Typically there's a special, but my go to is the smoked sausage. Hank's doesn't disappoint on portions, and the prices are reasonable. One of my favorite lunch stops by far, should be in your rotation as well.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We had all you could eat catfish, pulled pork, beef brisket, The food was hot and tasty, the housemaid sauces were excellent. And you've got to try the homemade desserts.