“Extremely spicy”

Jai Ho Indian Cuisine
Ranked #649 of 2,738 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Fine Dining Indian Cuisine every day lunch buffet dinner ala - carte and on table buffet (Thali's)
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Indian food being one of my all-time favorite ethnic cuisines, I had high hopes that my dining experience at Jai Ho would confirm that. Not so. While spicy food may be a mark of more authentic Indian cuisine (or maybe not), I unfortunately did not enjoy my visit due to the lack of more mild offerings at the buffet. Perhaps I am not accustomed to such an intense level of heat, but I expected there would at least be an equal number of less spicy dishes for more sensitive eaters. Also, some of the food seemed to contain artificial colorings and other undesirable ingredients that imparted a slight chemical taste and unnatural appearance.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I went for my birthday and it felt really special. The decor and ambiance was warm and pleasant! The service was excellent even thou it was busy, you can see the staff is working very hard to provide excellent customer service and that they did. The owners are there working hard to make sure everything is running smooth and customers are happy. You will find very humble people there, I am impressed! What a blessing to have such great food, and a pleasant experience on my birthday!!! This was our 2nd birthday celebration at this restaurant. My family and I will go again and celebrate this amazing tasteful experience!!! God Bless you all and please go celebrate this delicious food!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Lots of options in Tampa for Indian food but I went with Jai Ho and had it delivered to my hotel and I don’t regret it. I had the Korma Chicken and it was superb! I will warn you that it was spicy and I didn’t pick a heat level like I have at other Indian restaurants so I’m not sure if that’s the default or if they gave me a medium. I enjoy spicy food so it was not a problem. I also had the garlic naan which was also very delicious. I will definitely be eating here again next time I’m in Tampa!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Visited Jai Ho for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at the nice variety on the luncheon buffet. Wait staff was attentive and placed a nice cold bottle of water on the table. Food is spicy so beware. Lunch is only served until 2:30 PM.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We have been Jai Ho customers for several years. Being vegetarian, we are sometimes struggling to find enough variety of menu choices. Jai Ho is offers enough variety that we can try a different option at each visit. We appreciate that they are able to offer generous portions without denting your wallet. Food is authentic. Service can sometimes be slow, but staff is friendly & polite.

Date of visit: December 2017

Been to Jai Ho Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!