“Hole in the wall with 5 STARS!”

TacoSon Authentic Mexican Grill
Ranked #201 of 2,738 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent Mexican Food! Great Salsa and guacamole! Great burritos! Don’t go expecting a fancy place or wonderful servers - it’s counter service, seat yourself and just great food! If you’re ever in the area, don’t miss this place!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I stopped for the first time as I was looking for something good. I saw a line and knew there had to be something there. The food is fresh and tasty. Service is a bit slow compared to a fast food place, but that's the price you pay for fresh fried chips, etc.
Prices are reasonable as well. Highly recommend if you are in the area looking for a good Mexican spot.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This is my absolute fav place and very family friendly! Their food is amazing that they have excellent customer service

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Great food and customer service. Everything was a yes for all the request we made. Best refried beans you can have.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but never judge a book by its cover. We had a great experience here. I went with an old friend for lunch. We arrived between 11:00 and 11:30. It was already starting to get full. We placed our order at the counter. They hand you a table number, and you find a seat. We munched on some chips with white queso dip. It's a very thin dip, but it really packed some flavor. Nothing fancy, but it was unique for queso dip. I loved my choice of camarones asado (3 tacos). You can get this in 6 different ways. It's a very large portion. I ate most of it, but I would have been happy with just 2 tacos. The shrimp were very tasty and spicy. They can tone down the spice for you. Just let them know when you place your order. As we were leaving, there was a line all the way to the door. It's a very popular local place. So be aware of that. It may be difficult to find a table after noon.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to going back again. There are other menu items that I want to try. The service was good, and it looked pretty clean. I felt that it was better than Taco Bus. I say that because TacoSon's guacamole is way better. I have to have my guacamole. I was also very happy with the cabbage and pickled onion combination in the tacos. The presentation actually looked better too. Well... you be the judge when you try it for yourself.

Date of visit: June 2018