“Embarrassment for Tampa Bay”
Review of Square 1

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Square 1
Ranked #1,752 of 2,738 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Great menu but horrible cooks. I had the x-rated grilled cheese and fries. You would think this isn’t an easy item to mess up. Well, these employees focused more on joking with each other than cooking good food. The bread on the grilled cheese was perfect. But they added the cheese after! The cheese was ice cold as if it came right out of the freezer. The crispy bacon was chewy and raw in places. Pickles were all stacked on one half of the sandwich. The fries were soggy and undercooked and then over seasoned. Why would the airport allow this poor quality as a representation of Tampa Bay food to visitors? They should not be allowed at the airport or need to teach their staff better.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 14 February 2018

3 Mushroom Cheeseburger to go-ate on the plane, but used a knife/fork because it's so huge. Better off eating at the side table after ordering. Large sandwich, generous mushrooms, a little overcooked, but for airport food, I thought better than average. Broccoli side as opposed to fries helped out. Overpriced, but again, could probably be split between two people/share.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Airport food is generally not very good. The Square One burger is no exception. Over done, greasy and tasteless. The sack of French fries that comes with were also greasy. Just needed something before our flight. Not a fan.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This is at the Tampa airport, F gate area food court. I had the burger with fried egg, bacon and Gruyere cheese on a brioche bun - it was absolutely amazing. I also picked broccoli, which was very tasty. Service was okay. It took about 15 minutes to get the burger. I can't wait to eat another!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I love square 1! I've been going to the Brandon location for the last 5 years and for me it's one of the best burgers in town. They ALWAYS get my burger cooked right, at SQ1 a medium rare is a medium rare.

I thought it was weird when they they didn't ask how I wanted my burger and I said: medium rare. They said they would try. Apparently because this is an airport location they have some problem with food safety.

My burger came totally completely well done. A grey, thin, tasteless piece of cardboard. For half the price you can go to McDonald's or any other fast food chain and will be the same thing. Never again.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Alex M

Been to Square 1? Share your experiences!