See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2018

We were attending Howl O Scream at Busch Gardens and just needed somewhere to sleep basically. Good location and took us minutes to get to the park which was so nice after a long night. Front desk staff at check in was very nice and accommodating. Parking lot doesn't seem to be safe.. lots of trash around and looks sketchy. Came home one night and someone was asleep in a chair on the little patio outside their room. Seems like a lot of long term guests staying here. Whole hallway reeked of weed smell and felt like I would get a contact high just walking from my room to the outside door, which was only locked once out of the 4 times that we used it. Def a no go if you have kids but it was 3 adults and like I said, just needed a room to sleep in. Probably won't be back though..

Room tip: Upper floor so someone can't just walk into your patio area
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night after a visit to Busch gardens as we were off to Clearwater Beach the next day.

We booked this hotel as it was cheap and cheerful and we only staying for one night.

However, upon check in, we found the staff a little forthright which comes across as rude. The communal areas are really rundown and filthy. It looked like the carpet leading to the rooms on the ground floor hadn't been hoovered in weeks.

The rooms itself wasn't horrendous, and the location of the hotel was good (hence the 2 stars instead one 1). We had to call reception to have a look at the shower as it wouldn't turn on. The reception was adamant that it worked but just needed tugging on the handle. It turned out that you didn't just have to tug on the handle hard for it to work, you have to pull with all your might with a lot of force for it to work. Children and the elderly would no way be able to operate it. As it turned out, our shower handle was indeed broken. No apology from the reception staff even though a few minutes earlier she was quite rude in stating it does work.

The sliding door to the carpark was also very dodgy and had a hook lock - not secure enough in my opinion.

Just save yourself the hassle and stay elsewhere. We didn't have the free breakfast as it looked vile.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

We were not expecting much from the EconoLodge when we booked it. All we wanted was to be close to Busch Gardens. We generally got what we expected. The hotel has some problems but this isn't a luxury hotel. However, the staff at this hotel are some of the nicest people we have met in a long time. They are friendly and helpful and went the extra mile every time they had the opportunity to do so. We received better service here than we have in a number of four star luxury hotels. The only really disappointing part of the stay was that in the three days we were there, housekeeping did not clean the room a single time.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I am going, to be honest. I booked this hotel room because it was the cheapest. Actually, there was a room one dollar cheaper the reviews were terrible. Econolodge was closer to the people I was visiting and the reviews were just that much better so I jumped.
My only real complaint is that a serious refurbishing is needed. The carpet needs changing, not just cleaning but changed. They have gotten their money's worth out of it. There was rust around the drain in the bathroom sink. Not the worst thing but it looks bad and makes you wonder. As I walked in there was a dead roach on the floor just inside the door. Make up your mind about that but there it was.
However, the room was clean. The bathroom was clean, not just tidied up, someone cleaned it. I mean it smelled of the cleaning solution used to clean it. The beds were more than acceptable, they smelled clean and there were no spots on them. I had my elderly mother with me and she is in bad health. These things are important.
Now, booking.com had the lodging rated at two stars so you can't expect too much. The staff was way more than helpful. Renee went out of her way to accommodate my mother without being asked for anything. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. I would gladly stay at this establishment again. It's Econolodge, not the Hilton.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Econo Lodge U, Manager at Econo Lodge Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments, our department heads will review with our staff members.Thanks for letting us know about the carpets, we are working on replacing them. I was glad to hear the room was clean.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

very nice hotel and comfortable beds also breakfast was good the only problem I didnt like was the suggestion that linen and towels be changed every 3 days other than that every thing was fine the hotel is very conveinient to busch gardens

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments, our department heads will review with our staff members. I was sorry to hear that you did not get towels for three days, you should get service if daily sorry to hear that you a did not not.