“Amazing employee!”

SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #79 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I stay at Marriott properties regularly. On this occasion, we were in town for a concert on June 14 and a series of mishaps unfortunately turned into a failed booking at this location by "hotels.com". They royally messed up and overbooked at this location...leaving us w/o a room. Nancy at the front desk was so sweet and apologetic (through NO fault of Marriott/SpringHill Suites) and comforted us as we struggled to get the situation fixed with the hotels.com people (45 min on hold!). Nancy offered us beverages and light snacks while we were "camped out" in the lobby trying to get everything squared away. We ended up having to go to another hotel (nowhere near as nice at this SpringHill Suites). We were very disappointed that we did not stay at this hotel but will DEFINITELY will book here (directly with the hotel) in the future. Nancy made such a great impression on us and made us feel if she could be so caring and concerned, that surely a stay here would be well worth it. Way to go Nancy, you are a great example of the meaning of CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 July 2017

The room was nice, comfy couch to relax on. Hotel was clean and staff very friendly. Elevator was THE SLOWEST I have ever been on. Morning sausage was not too good. The workout room was minimal. The best thing: I bought some cinnamon brown sugar pop tarts for a late night snack and wanted to warm them up. When I opened the microwave there were paper plates waiting there for me to use :):).

I love Marriott and this hotel was fine, but I think next time I will try one of the other Marriotts near by.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We reserved a room with the Park and Cruise option. Spacious, clean, reasonable rate. Left car parked safely in hotel lot and received great delivery to and pick up from RCCL terminal. Great location, great value.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Usually i like Springhill Suites. But this was sub par. Room had a funky humid odor. the room and bathroom were clean but worn. lighting in the bathroom was very poor. the bed was comfortable. there was no power between the queen beds. for those with Cpap machines, this is not good.

very small pool area. plenty of parking. friendly staff. lots to restaurant choices in the area. area seemed safe.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. While it was a pleasure having you as our guest, please accept my apology for the problems you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us another try the next time you’re in the Tampa area. We would love the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Jessica Cook

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

After reading many of the reviews on trip advisor, my husband and I decided to book this Marriott property over another location. Boy was that a mistake. When utilizing hotel, you come to expect certain amenities. Such as towels at the pool, or towels at the fitness center. For two days now, no towels have been available, nor offered when requesting them from the front desk. Additionally, the rooms have a wet, musty smell.
As a Marriott Platinum member who has traveled all around the world, the customer service at this location is not up to a Marriott standard.

Stayed: April 2017
Jessica C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

On behalf of our entire staff at SpringHill Suites, I would like to apologize for the concerns you shared. I assure you, this is not the typical experience at our property. We do not take your concern lightly and your feedback has been shared with the appropriate team members.

If there is anything we can do to make it up to you, please reach out to me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jessica Cook