All reviews sitting area clean property work space the breakfast area yogurt would stay here again bed was comfortable the room was nice coffee maker whirlpool couch microwave mall linens
Reviewed 8 January 2017

BAD smell all around the hotel, stains all over the carpet and pull out couch mattress, and needs updating. Bathroom was not clean and the plain white walls had hooks for pictures with holes in the wall, but no pictures hanging.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent hotel experience. I believe you may have us mixed up with another location, since we recently renovated our entire hotel and we do not have plain white walls. On the other hand, if you did stay with us and the room you were assigned was not up to standard, I would like to get more information from you. This will allow me the opportunity to not only ensure this is corrected, but also give me the chance to make it up to you.

Please reach out to me directly to further discuss your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Simply one of the worst maintained Marriott properties that I have ever chosen to stay at. Being a Platinum Member, I have plenty of experience with Marriott properties. Lobby smelled of bad air freshener, room was stale (this was the 2nd room - had to move from the first room because of odor), HVAC was not able to cool the room, carpet was dirty and stained, toilet would not flush, lighting over sink was dim, bed was hard, pillows were well used, sheets for sofa bed were stained. Rooms are very small. Just an overall bad experience. Booked 5 nights, checked out after 1. Maybe the sketchy lady getting arrested by 2 deputies in the lobby was just the icing on the cake...

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. There are better choices in the area.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank aqha4me
Jessica C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

First and foremost, on behalf of our entire staff at the SpringHill Suites, I would like to apologize for the concerns you shared. I assure you, this is not the typical experience at our property. We do not take your concern lightly and your feedback has been shared with the appropriate team members.

If there is anything we can do to make it up to you, please reach out to me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

I've had to travel to Brandon quite a bit lately, and so am getting to know the local hotels- particularly the Marriott brands, which are my preference. SpringHill Suites are OK- I like the room size and the breakfast options. The staff is friendly and the service good.

On our first visit (November), they may have just cleaned the rugs, as there was an odor that permeated the hallways and in particular the stairwell. The rooms were fine, though. In my December visit the stairwells still had a mildly unpleasant odor, but not too bad.

Breakfast options are good- name brand cereals, oatmeal, a decent egg dish, fresh fruits, etc. A little something for everyone- I've been to "free breakfasts" before where the cereal options are dubious and the only other options are pitiful packaged muffins. So, I like that.

The exercise room here was a disappointment- I first hopped on the elliptical, but it was noisy so I switched to one of the two treadmills- a bit beat up, and the TV didn't work on the unit itself. If someone wanted to do strength training or yoga, there was neither space nor equipment. It was a tiny room and the equipment was just too old or ill maintained.

The HVAC unit was a bit loud and with the fan on it really blew a strong breeze- even at low. And I wanted the fan on because it muffled the sound of the unit cutting on and off- rather loud. This is a typical problem in many hotel rooms, but in the bed by the unit the breeze was just too strong.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

I stayed here with 2 of my older childern. This is a nice hotel in a convenient location. The room was a good size and beds were comfortable. My only complaint is that the toilet paper holder is to too far from the toilet. Very odd place to put it. Anyone with short arms, especially younger children will not be able to reach it without hopping off. Breakfast was your basic complimentary buffet. Nothing really to brag about. The entrance to the hotel has a weird smell and I just couldn't figure out what it was. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DenJeaBul
Reviewed 24 November 2016

As a Marriott Gold member I used the mobile app to check in for my stay at this property. Got in around 1:30 p.m. on Wed before Thanksgiving. The front desk was perfunctory, nothing outstanding but nothing memorable. After being out with family on Thanksgiving day came back to the room to find that housekeeping had not serviced the room.

Turns out that the front desk didn't notify people until after 3:00 on Wed that there would not be housekeeping on Thursday, Thanksgiving day. Nancy at the front desk seemed a bit frazzled, as she was the person working the hotel Thanksgiving evening. I don't fault her... she can't deliver new towels and accommodate the entire hotel alone.

I would have assume the general manager (Jessica Cook) would have indicated the lack of housekeeping earlier than 3:00 in the afternoon. In fact, it should be something that potential guests are made aware of when booking (much like when the pool is closed for renovation, etc.). The lack of communication is a definite failure on the part of this hotel's' management team.

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties, and this one is certainly not up to the normal standards I've come to expect.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Jessica C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

One of our key priorities is to ensure that every guest leaves feeling satisfied with their stay. I’m disappointed to see that we fell short of our goal during your visit. While we did have staff on property to assist our guests, we also wanted to give our housekeeping staff the opportunity to spend the holiday with their families. We did notify our guests the day prior that housekeeping service would still be available upon request.

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to reach out to me.