All reviews busch gardens great location short walk to the park parking lot side bush gardens newer hotel theme park parking fee complimentary breakfast small pool within walking distance choose this hotel the breakfast area place to stay adventure island lovely hotel clean hotel
Reviewed 4 November 2018

I'm so glad there's now a Hampton Inn within walking distance of Busch Gardens! Excellent customer service from Crystal, and I forgot the other clerk's name, but she helped me on Saturday and Sunday. My only issue; the pool was drained and refilled Friday so I went for a swim on Saturday. But it should have been cleaned while it was drained! There was still algae on the sides and bottom. Fitness room was nice, suite was lovely, bed was comfy, breakfast and 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate service is great. Nice to have the bathroom area sink and toilet/shower separated, great lighting in the bathroom. Needs more hooks in bathroom area, the sink drain did not close all the way, shower door didn't quite shut, minor issues. Lots of electric plugs...very nice. We always enjoy Hampton Inns!

Room tip: Rooms are well insulated, we did not hear street or hallway noise. Ask to upgrade to a suite. You never know!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2018

After a full evening of walking around the theme park, I was grateful for the comfortable bed and amenities offered at this hotel... the bed was so comfortable that I almost overslept! Thanks Hampton Inn for making my stay a pleasant one!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Checked into the room, and after unpacking I found large toenail clippings on the chaise sofa, disgusting! As I heard m y wife come out of the bathroom I quickly brushed them off onto the floor, as I knew she would totally freak and want to check out, I was prepared to overlook it and not tell hear about it. As we were settling in, she found black curly hairs on the desk, and then again the bathroom counter. She was grossed out and complained about it. I told her it was just for one night, we will never return, we were running late for out appointment. We went to get a quick bite to eat, and returned to freshen up and leave. Once we turned on the light, we found ants crawling up the wall in the bathroom and in the door jam. We then saw several of them crawling on the desk. That was the last straw, I would not be tolerant anymore. I wend down to ask to have the room changed, and told him I was in a hurry. Not apologetic at all, but he did give me another room, no offer to help us move. We moved into the new room on the third floor, to find it cleaner, but upon inspection found dead bugs on the floor. Made us late for our appointment, and had an unsettling evening. NOT RETURNING.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear mattinven,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. As well, we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. We strive to ensure that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay hope you will consider staying with us the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Second time staying at this hotel. Love how close it is to Busch Gardens! The room was very clean, beds and pillows comfortable. This hotel is in a bad area though, my car was broken into in the parking lot. Probably would not stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Very pleasant stay, plan to return with family. Great location for friends, and family. Quiet and no unusual noise, staff very polite and help, breakfast area clean and warm food. Overall a great experience and plan to return

Date of stay: September 2018