All reviews full kitchen breakfast meats nice furniture room was clean queen bed waffles comfortable stay night stay up to date staff was friendly stove kitchenette desk tallahasse closet gm
Reviewed 10 June 2018

It is located a little way off of the south side of I-10 toward downtown but is conveniently located a good distance from downtown. The price was good (about $110/night), clean and large (2 bedroom/1 bath). There was had plenty of parking and several restaurants nearby.
The staff was very friendly and breakfast is available every morning. Additionally, this hotels allows pets for a $100/stay fee.

I highly recommend this if you are traveling to this area

Stayed: June 2018
Terry F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

We are pleased to know that we were able to meet/exceed your expectations and we hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

For the life of me, I can't understand how this place has a 4.1 rating on Hotels.com, at most they are 2.5 stars. We booked a room for five nights, but only stayed one night, begrudgingly, because we had been driving all day and were too dang tired to try to find another hotel. You would think that with the tag line "By Marriott" it would be a pretty nice place, but it's not.

From the outside it looks decent, but once you step inside the first thing you notice is the dingy carpet, scuffed walls, and the dated and well-worn furniture. The closet had a very strong odor of mildew. The shower curtains have yellowed and the inner liner had soap scum all along the bottom. The water is dispensed from the sink faucet in a spray pattern instead of a stream, so it's impossible to use without getting your clothes wet. When you sit on the bed you sink halfway to the floor, so don't expect any back support. The bedside lamps have been equipped with spiral-tubed compact fluorescents that stick out above the shades. The place needs an overhaul.

The few positives are that the kitchenette is small but nice, the shower has good water pressure, the bathroom lighting above the mirror is a nice color/temperature for applying makeup, and the place is pretty quiet.

Would I stay here again? No.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Terry F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Ms. Suzan R,

We regret that our property did not meet your expectations. My staff and I work hard on a daily basis to try to give all of our guest the best Stay Experience possible. Our property will begin its renovation next year and when complete all aspects of the hotel will be improved. We hope you will come back and try our property again once the renovation is completed.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Being a Gold Elite member, I expect high standard from Marriott. Check out the pictures of the mattress on our grandchildren’s bed and the floor and draw your own opinion of this property. Wrote the manger and received the canned “roach letter”.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Terry F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay with us. In our industry we work hard to meet/exceed all of our guest's expectations and demands. From late check outs to early check ins to whatever is requested of us. In those instances where we fall short of expectations all it takes is for our guest to inform us and we will do our best to correct the issue immediately. We never claim to be perfect but we do strive to give all of our guest a Great Stay Experience and will continue to work even harder to ensure that we improve in all aspects of our jobs.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in bad need of an update. Not terrible facility, but not good either.

Managed very poorly. Someone on our hallway (in a “smoke free” building) was smoking. A lot. It permeated the halls, and even our rooms.

I called the front desk to complain, and was told that they knew, but couldn’t do anything about it. It was awful, and they didn’t care. Chose not to do anything.

In addition, one of the perks of being an elite member is the mobile check-in feature. Even though I’d already checked in via the app, they asked me a litany of dumb questions as I was trying to get my room key.

All in all, not the kind of experience or facility I expect from a Marriott property.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Terry F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

We appreciate you sharing your comments about your visit. We understand that we need an upgrade which is why we have started the renovation process already and why we have the notation on our website. We want our guest to know that we are in the process of getting our property renovated before they arrive. At check in, we do attempt to interact with our guest by making small talk and getting contact information if the information such as a phone number if it is not already on the reservation. We understand that being a non-smoking property not all people will follow the rules and when those people violate our policy we charge them the $250 penalty. However, that is the extent to what we can do because they are not breaking any laws by smoking. Though it is an issue with other guest just like noise they are not breaking any laws.

Thank you for staying with Marriott and we hope that you continue staying with Marriott properties in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a quick overnight meeting. I was disappointed that the hotel was no where near full and housekeeping I'm sure started at 9am, but they had NO room to check us into at 1pm. I did request the early check in so they were aware in advance.
Other than that the room was clean and well appointed, the bed was super comfy, the water pressure was good and hot water was readily available. We left before breakfast so I have no idea about that.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business