“Lots of food for the price!”

Metro Deli of Tallahassee
Ranked #95 of 912 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A great variety of sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and sides. One of a kind. Try "the baze". We offer unique daily lunch specials.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

They cut the meat to order and deliver it to your table. Small, cute but not pompous. Sit inside or on sidewalk.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Super friendly and helpful staff, standard environment with some twists, and service meant to satisfy your deli needs (you know, the double meat, good cheese, high in). I'd return, and suggest it to others. Again, great staff.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

The Metro Deli is a no-nonsense, no-frills "concentrate on the good food" gem right in the middle of the Capital City. Friendly service and probably the very best pastrami Reuben we've ever tasted. We visited for lunch and our soup was delicious as well as the tuna salad sandwich. It must be their top-quality ingredients .... Friendly staff and a fun dining experience. We will certainly return for another visit next time we are in Tallahassee.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

This place is your standard breakfast and lunch joint, but their delivery sucks. Unless you want to wait an hour or more for food, don’t waste your time with their delivery service. I had to call twice to check on my order and then finally cancel my order because the guy never showed up.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Visiting Tallahassee - the Florida Capitol - for a bit over a week, I had the opportunity to dine at Metro Deli several times. Whether on break from a class that I was taking - or meeting one of my clients - credit is due this little hole in wall just blocks from the seat of state government.

I quickly learned that making it to Metro Deli at 11:30-11:45 was a lot better than arriving at noon. Much shorter line and faster service. Not that I had a problem with the service, it's just I hate standing in lines.

I tried the Metro Box Lunch which is your choice of deli sandwich or wrap, chips, cookies and and a drink. I stuck to bottled water but tried the Hot Pastrami and Corned Beef a couple of times, along with the Mediteranian Turkey Melt, with hummus, feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives, onion and Greek dressing. No issues with the food and everything was made to order.

Like I said - busy place with a very laid back atmosphere. Deli was clean - staff were polite and friendly. I spoke to several of the guys in charge of the sandwich making line and even the owner. After a few days, they thanked me for coming back several times over the course of the week. I even ran into a few social media friends that identified me by name, although I had no clue who they were. Has that ever happened to you?

Metered street parking - but I parked at the Doubletree by Hilton, where I was staying. From what I could see, the majority of customers were foot traffic from around the Capitol. Delivery service is available and was offered by the owner, although I forgot his name. Sorry...

Great place to eat and meet people. I will certainly visit next time I'm in Tallahassee.

William E. Lewis Jr.