“Awesome Cuban Food ”

Gordo's Downtown
Ranked #175 of 835 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Drove by, looked interesting! We asked a woman seated next to us for a recommendation. She said all the sandwiches were great. My hubby had the Cubano and I had empanadas. We Shared. Great choice!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

This review deals with the nrothsdie location. The food is good and delivered at a fair price. Thursday is craft beer day so if you're a beer drinker that's the day to go!! The shopping center is busy so one might not be able to park directly at the door.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We were so excited to find a Cuban restaurant in Tallahassee, since we are Cuban. The empanadas were so amazing. We got the sampler plate and ended up ordering another one. We went for lunch and we loved our sandwiches. It tasted pretty authentic. Our waitress, Sierra was so sweet! She made sure we were happy and that our waters were full. Loved it!!!

Reviewed 21 June 2016

The food was at best bland and not worth the energy to go there and the service I experienced there recently has definitely sealed the deal. I will not go back. There are other Cuban food options in Tallahasssee. I recommend skipping this place.

When I arrived no one greeted nor acknowledged my presence at the bar. Meanwhile all three waitresses in the restaurant had passed through the back of the bar.

I placed a to go order for the Masitas de Puerco the bartender/waitress. The guy sitting next to me received his dinner and drink a full 30 minutes before me; while we placed our order not even a minute a part.

When the waitress who placed my order brought out my to go order; I asked her what took so long? She said " It was my fault. The food has been done for awhile. I didn't go pick it up. I forgot. Do you want me to heat it up for you?"

That's how long the food was waiting for it to be brought over to me. I ordered around 6:45 PM and left the restaurant at 7:30PM when the restaurant was empty and the kitchen was not slammed.

This is the type of customer service this staff member at Gordo's efficiently provides adding insult to injury is how bland not only the pork was but soggy rice (without even adding the beans).

Go patronize a restaraunt worthy of your time and cash.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

The inside dining area is loud and the tables are crowded together. The service was slow to start and didn't get much better. I think this place is geared more to the student population than mature adults. This place was recommended by some people that we were out with and they felt the same about the experience as we did.