“Great dive joint”

Cabo's Island Grill and Bar
Ranked #12 of 909 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: CLOSED MONDAYS... SUNDAYS WE SERVE BRUNCH FROM 9 AM. TO 2 PM DINNER AT 4 PM 9:30PM . Check out our newly added Patio!! We have been here for 29 years. If you are expecting a flashy new restaurant with all new furniture and bathrooms the size of living rooms we may not be your spot. But if good, fresh, reasonably priced food is what you are after we may just be it!. The center has been here a lot longer, being built about 1960. We are locally owned and one of the few, if not the only restaurant, in town & maybe anywhere, that provides health care for our employees. We have a diversified menu, offering vegetarian dishes, Our own idea of Mexican Food (No Lard in our beans) when possible, locally caught fish and shrimp, sandwiches, salads & upscale dinner specials at down home prices. We run our 200+ seat operation with one household double door freezer. We have the best margaritas (try our Shipwreck...) hand cut fries (voted #1 by the viewers of WCTV) and some say the best Burger for the buck in Tallahassee. We would like to mention that we have gluten free tortillas, and if wine is your thing, Bring in what you really would like to have and for nominal $6 bucks we will cork it. Please be aware that we get busy and when we do, it can get loud. If for any reason you aren't happy with either the service or the food please tell us. We are human, we make mistakes, and occasionally it happens. Thanks for taking the time to read this & thanks for supporting locally owned establishments. Mike Ferrara & Bobby Staerker.
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Small and friendly. Casual. Large variety of mexican and seafood to choose from. I had the super burrito and it had great flavors. All food was well garnished and good quality. We will return.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I love Mexican food, and I have had the pleasure of eating at several Mexican (REAL MEXICAN) Restaurants in my life.

We flew into Tallahassee this morning and decided to go to Cabos Island Grill and Bar for a late lunch and drinks.

The salsa was fresh and the spicy salsa was definitely worth the "kick"!

I always have the Beef Burrito at my Cafe Azteca up in Lawrence, MA, but the Supreme Beef Burrito was an excellent choice, and definitely did not disappoint!

The Cheese quesadilla was delicious, the fish tacos were also awesome and the 1800 margaritas were OUTSTANDING!!!

Thank you Olivia for indulging in our Northern/New England eccentricities!!!

Definitely worth a visit to treat your tastebuds!!!

1  Thank PDLLAW
Reviewed 13 November 2017

My wife and I were going to a play at FSU and wanted to have a casual dinner on the way. While I've eaten at Cabo's for lunch many times, it is not convenient to my home for dinner. It was kind of on the way and i wanted to not go to one of our usual rest.
I had Grouper cheeks and my wife the fried shrimp. Both were excellent and a great value. Fries were fresh, not frozen and we split a piece of homemade chocolate carrot cake for desert. It was enjoyable and the owner came over and visited with us some telling us about his surfing adventures. We won't wait nearly so long to go there again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Cabo's never disappoints! Whether it be salads, sandwiches, tacos or their wonderful Sunday Brunch, there is something for everyone that is sure to please. Everything is so fresh & flavorful. Very relaxed & friendly atmosphere that makes you feel welcome whether it's your first or your hundredth visit. My all-time favorite is their fish tacos but, as stated earlier, everything is great! Love to support locally owned businesses as often as possible. Mike & his staff run a first-class establishment. Highly recommend you visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Never had a better lite fare at a reasonable price. The salads were fresh, and the appetizers delicious. You'll enjoy this little wonder !!

1  Thank K A