“Fresh seafood (all fried)”
Review of Shell Oyster Bar

Shell Oyster Bar
Ranked #20 of 912 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

When there to meet the wife’s old friend where she had chose. The reviews are all high and well deserved. The food seems fresh and service was great. The only complaint I had was it was all fried. The combo plate came with hush puppies fish scallops blue crab claws shrimp and oysters. All were good. Left full but kinda blah due to all the grease. Lightly battered. Price point was very low. Would return again but will not binge myself with the combo platter.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Listen, I have not had any seafood that has topped Shell’s yet. I can feel it now, the batter from the seafood melting in my mouth. This place is one of my favorites. The food is always fresh and straight out of the grease. The only thing I can complain about is getting in and out of the parking lot. But, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with their food. Also, if you plan on attending this restaurant make sure that you have cash. The last time I went they only accepted cash. I’m not sure if that’s still the case or not.

3  Thank FloridianQueen
Reviewed 19 May 2018

On a sunny, Saturday afternoon in May, I visited Shell Oyster Bar with my husband for lunch. I've lived in Tallahassee 40 years and have never eaten there. I'm not an oyster eater and I wasn't drawn to the restaurant because of its name.
My husband had eaten there but because it was tucked behind another building off S. Monroe Street, had put it out of his mind.

There weren't but a handful of people there and our reasonably priced order came out quickly and very hot. We almost overlooked the homemade onion rings on the menu and gladly added them to our order. As self-proclaimed onion ring experts, we believe these onion rings to be the best in town. The slaw was excellent as well. The service could not have been better.

It won't be 40 years more before I return to this quaint, little hole in the wall! My only wish was that a Shell Oyster Bar would open Northeast of town. I guarantee that it would always be busy and it would be my new go to seafood restaurant.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Basic decor, Hole-in-the-wall but had the best raw oysters around!
Friendly staff and sweet tea! What a great little place

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

How they do this, I haven't figured, but these oysters are fresh, tasty, and the cheese grits just like my mom makes. This place and the hard working staff deserve much more than I can write. Enjoy!!