See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I stayed for a week while awaiting my son's apartment. The manager Craig and front desk clerk are so nice and they do whatever it takes to help you and make you feel at home. The room is not fancy but very clean and comfortable and the AC is great. Loved our stay and highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you, Claudia! There is no greater compliment than when a guest lets us know we made her feel right at home. We're so glad we've made your experience at WoodSpring Suites a wonderful one.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

First of all I was over charged because the girl that checked me in was doing it by the week instead of the whole amount. so I was over charged by $57.45. The bed is nothing more then a roll a way bed. Not comfortable at all. Only get maid service every two weeks
If you want clean bedding you take it down to front office they will wash and dry it then you take it back to your room and make your own bed. I guess beings you only get maid service every two weeks your trash just sits in your room which is nasty. If I have to do all the work for them, Then the room should be cheaper. That is just sorry management, All the work the guest have to do there self They should be paying us to stay here. I am here because I have to have radiation for breast cancer. And it is not healthy for me to have trash and no clean floors around. I will never stay at this place again. If and when I start seeing roaches I will call the health department as it would be very unsanitary. If management wasn't so cheap they would hire proper staff to take care of there business.

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm so sorry to hear that you were not aware of our ‘Simple’ philosophy and that guests pay only for the amenities they want to use (like daily cleaning and linen changes). It sounds like this felt like an inconvenience to you instead of a customized positive experience and we're so sorry we disappointed you. We wish you all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

First time I stayed here had to wait over an hour for room to be ready in spite of arriving after 3 pm. Next stay I called a day ahead of time to confirm reservation and be sure room would be ready. When I arrived, I was told only smoking rooms were available. This is in spite of having previously stayed in non-smoking room and requesting same reservation. The girl at the desk actually laughed when I said she needed to find a non-smoking room. The manager Stephanie then came and explained that a reservation did not guarantee any particular type of room. There are many inexpensive hotels in the area. Avoid this place. Staff is rude and incompetent.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant interaction with one of our staff members during check-in. Your comments have been shared with the hotel and operations team to share your experience and the impression it made on you.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Run!! Run the other way!! So disgusting I can’t even explain it. When I booked I guess I didn’t understand it is a long term stay place. No hair dryer. No soap or shampoo. Paper thin walls. The worst sheets you can imagine. Smokers gathered at front entrance. I checked in very late at night and was so exhausted I just stayed. I hated it. LOL no bedside lamp on the $10.00 bedside table. RUN!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 99findbalance99

I'm so sorry to hear this and that we disappointed you.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Roach infestation and dirty halls are the final straw. I've spent a week or more at this property every year since 2010. However, this year's stay was disgusting.

The room is infested with small "German" roaches. This is simply not acceptable. We did not cook and did not have food in the room. The hall floors and elevator were filthy, with clumps of dirt that stayed for days. There were large trash bags with food waste in the halls for more than 24 hours.

The new paint job and branding are nice, but the property is much dirtier than it used to be, and is now infested with roaches. This is an infestation, not an occasional palmetto bug; we saw many little roaches in the room every day and evening of our stay. You have now lost me as a customer.

I invite the Woodspring CEO to bring his family and stay a week here and then evaluate how well Woodspring is executing on "simple done better." These problems are things good management can control. I applaud Woodspring's goal of "simple done better." But you have to deliver. This property does not.

The one positive is the courtesy of everyone we spoke to, staff and guests.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple