“New location ... excellent pizza”

Campitiello's Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #77 of 192 Restaurants in Spring Hill
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Relocated to 5375 Spring Hill Dr. (old Boston Cooker bldg.), this was our first time visit. The menu has a nice variety of Italian entree's to choose from, all at average prices, but we came specifically to order a pizza. First, we took advantage of the 2 for 1 drink special, then ordered a large New York style "Meat Lover's" pizza (Pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, salami & ham) @ $20. Well worth the price, as it was delicious, and took half home for another meal. We ended our meal, splitting a homemade Cannoli ... yummy in our tummy! Our server, Valerie P. was friendly, providing excellent service. Will be back to try one of their entree's. Hope this helps with your first visit.

2  Thank FLworldwanderer

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Twenty-two of us were there for dinner (with a reservation). When we arrived, we were told that someone had called and cancelled sixteen people. Twenty-two showed up! It took forever before a rather surly waiter arrived to take our drink orders. We finally ordered our dinners and we had to raise our hands after being who ordered the Stromboli with ham and salami, etc. I ordered the Chicken Picatta. I received an old rooster swimming in lemon sauce. Another diner had angel hair pasta that was also swimming in way too much red sauce. I believe this place has lost twenty-two customers!

1  Thank SpringHill_FLWheels
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Been here twice and we were not disappointed. The food tasted great! Every dish was delicious and presentation was excellent. They just moved to this new location and are working out the kinks. The management team of husband and wife were very attentive to the patrons, in addition to helping their staff. I really appreciate that. When the staff is treated nicely, then you know these are good people/ owners. Stuffed clams, cheesy garlic knots, antipasto salad, homemade deserts and awesome bartender makes this place one of my favorites. My friends have had their pizza, which they really loved. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a night filled with fun and great food. ( just be patient since it is technically a new establishment). You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

The servers where nice but too expensive and long wait. The owner even walked by us and instead of chatting with us he was complaining about his cooks putting too much cheese on the pizza. Won't be going back.

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 18 September 2016

The linguini was a bit over cooked. The sauce was ok, but not outstanding. The veal was sad....the breading was twice as thick as the veal and it was very overcooked. As for the seafood sampler...I order Calamari everywhere we go and we travel a lot....from north to south, from east coast to west. I think it would rank near the bottom. The stuffed clams were ok, but had too much of something that I couldn't put my finger on, and the shrimp was ok. Nothing about this meal will entice me to return. It cost me $30 for a very disappointing meal. I had high hopes because they are recently open and very close by, but I have crossed them off.