US$364
Captiva Beach Resort(Siesta Key)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$146
US$372
US$341
Orbitz.com
The Capri at Siesta(Siesta Key)(Great Value!)
US$205
Tropical Breeze Resort(Siesta Key)
US$217
The Sea Spray Resort(Siesta Key)
US$223
Official Site
US$1,214
US$1,049
All reviewsprivate hot tubcountry cottagefishing polesjasmine cottagethe cottageskey westour honeymoonbedroom cottageromantic getawayprivate patioquiet endlaid backacross the streetold floridalow keywatch the sunsetlong weekend
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Ample parking, great family beach. Lots of shell finding opportunities. Love this beach. Actually prefer this beach over Siesta key beach. Pretty dunes, picnic tables, benches. Watch out for turtle nests!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We were happy with all the amenities the cottage had to offer..the location was great, away from the crowds..views were beautiful..the owner is in the process of updating rooms, glad about that..the pool was wonderful too..everyone was very helpfull..

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Fjawolfe
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I’d advise anyone staying here to check the reviews as they are amazingly accurate, both the good ones and the bad ones.
For this reason the resort is very difficult to review, as the place is so unique with friendly laid back staff that makes you feel totally at home and chilled out. They are highly visible and you only ever have to ask for anything and it was there. During the 8 days stay I never had to hunt for staff.
The time of our flight meant a late arrival which we had advised the owners of.
There was a lovely welcome note left at the office as advised on booking with clear directions to the cottage and instructions on how to gain entry.
The location was stunning with beautiful sunrises every morning and dolphins swimming past. I found it quite glorious
Parking was out of the front of the resort with plenty of spaces.
There were kayaks (not in good condition) and brand new bikes to use for free.
This resort is just across the road from the lovely Turtle Beach so there were glorious sunrises from the cottage and beautiful sunsets from the Beach. There are 3 places two eat on the door step. Two are lovely restaurants and one a great little every day eating place with a great variety of good food.
It is located 4.5 Kms from Stickney point bridge and there you will find Miguels a fantastic French restaurant (do not miss) plus shops post office and seven eleven.
The other side of the bridge across the road is the mall with a big Publix (great supermarket) plus a variety of other shops. At the end of the bridge there is a health store and other shops
This was the most expensive cottage in the resort. It cost us $4233.60 for 9 nights. It’s completely private with its own jetty on the water. It has two bedrooms with a double bed in each a small bathroom with a shower and an open plan kitchen and lounge. The cottage was very well equipped for self-catering. There was a fantastic cooker/fridge freezer and kitchen ware. There was a supply of paper towels, toilet rolls, washing up liquid and vitals like salt pepper sugar. There were plenty of towels and another stock in the laundry room. The laundry room was free to use. It was well stocked with clothes wash liquid and I never had to wait for a wash or the drier.
We knew the room wouldn’t be cleaned during our stay and that was fine because you would have only had to ask if you had needed a clean. One could replenish the bin liner and empty rubbish in the big bin just outside of the resort.
I stayed there with a friend for 9 nights. It worked well for just two of us. I don’t think 4 could share this cottage for more than a few nights unless you were a family. The bathroom is very small.
The sofa and chair covers were really shabby. There should have been covers for them. I never sat on the settee without a towel
The shower was leaking badly and water was flooding the bathroom floor, I reported it straight away but it was unfix-able until the owner came back and got a plumber in. It was a big job, fixed they day before we went home. I'd managed to rig the shower curtain to stop the floor getting soaked so not a big deal. Also the internet was down. This was fixed the day before we left once the owner returned, but again it wasn’t a big deal as you could get internet near the office.
The beds were very comfortable but on the 4th night when I was making the bed I pulled back the flimsy bottom sheet to reveal this very heavily stained mattress cover. I was really horrified when I realised what I had been sleeping on the past 4 nights with just this awfully thin sheet as a barrier. I had to put two dressing gowns between the mattress and sheet for the night and the next morning showed the manager who was pretty laid back about it but he gave me two more flimsy sheets to cover it.
The owner had been away and when he returned I showed him the state of the mattress cover and the sheets. He was genuinely horrified and said it should have been thrown out.
The cottage was tired but that was OK . I appreciate that it’s a fairly old resort that needs updating but there were some issues that were totally avoidable and unacceptable for the cost of the unit.
All the issues were discussed with the owner who was absolutely charming and very sympathetic. He did everything he could to address the concerns however bearing in mind he had had complaints in the past these things should not have occurred in the first place.
We were refunded one night’s stay and were given a bottle of champagne.
Did it spoil my holiday? Well yes it did in a way because I shouldn’t have had to be complaining and feeling bad about it. I didn’t want to make a fuss and didn’t want to write a bad review because honestly I loved the place and would like to go back there if I knew that these quite simple problems like new linen, clean sofa covers etc had been resolved.
I wrote my review straight away with the booking firm, but forgot to complete the trip advisor review hence the delay (we traveled in March 2017). I hope when I check the reviews that these issues don’t come up again. I think it’s over priced for the state of the place.
PS The weather in March was just perfect

Stayed: March 2017
3  Thank jane826
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The location and the room are incredible. So unique, clean, and comfortable, with so much room! Pet friendly, private spa in the front yard, and harbor view in the back. Easy going staff. Free canoe rentals to access the quiet beach area. We would come back again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dinamaru
Turtlebeachresort, Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Eric

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We booked 3 nights back in May. It was a girls weekend no husbands, just my girlfriend and I and my teen daughter and her friend. The first night they attempted to fish, but there are 6 poles and only 1 worked. They did use the canoe and had a good time out there. They took the bikes -complimentary - down the street but they were so old and out of shape that the chains broke and sweet folks had to assist them. then that NIGHT we heard noises and yes, we looked into the vents in the kitchen at the country cottage and there were 2 RATS staring at us. Earlier the girls saw these rats run across the pool area up into the gutters of another bungalow. WE literally RAN out of that place grabbing our stuff and getting the hell out. the window sills were filthy. I looked out the window earlier in the day and there was caked on dirt from years with cob webs .
Honestly, the only good thing I can say is Eric the manager refunded us our money for the 2 out of 3 nights. Due to the stress we should of gotten a full refund it was so awful and traumatic. This place needs so much work . Do not go here. spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Believe V
Turtlebeachresort, Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We inspected the cottage after you left and there was no indication of any rodent activity in the attic and nothing in the air conditioning ducts. We checked the vent where you thought you saw something and found some duct insulation had fallen on the vent. This is probably what you saw. We regularly bait traps around the resort and have not caught anything since your departure. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us.