My fiance and I just returned last night from a long weekend at the Inn. We ADORED the area. Sarasota is a BEAUTIFUL city. Very clean, quiet, and friendly locals. A LOT to do, great restaurants, and we didn't even scratch the surface during our short time there! The beach was gorgeous, and very clean, as well.
We loved being so close to the beach, and having access to be able to hop on the shuttle pick up/drop off right by the inn. No need for a car, unless you want to go back by the airport to Walmart, etc........(groceries expensive in the village)......
There is a lot to do where the shuttle can take you, but it's much more expensive.
We were a little disappointed with our room, or for the price we paid. It was clean, but not as clean as I think it SHOULD HAVE BEEN for 3 nights we were there, and total cost. (We also had plane fare expense). The bathroom could have been cleaner, especially the sink, and vanity. I would have also enjoyed daily maid service, or for that to be included with the room cost. There were a lot of ants in the kitchen, so it was hard to eat, make coffee, or leave anything out that wasn't sealed up. We took into consideration that the Inn is not brand new, but there were areas that needed improvement. Ex: better fitting sheets for the king size bed, more body towels, (we had plenty of hand towels and wash cloths), the wicker furniture was very worn, and the kitchen utensils, plates, drawers, were not very clean. I had to wash everything before using it. There was coffee, sugar, and creamer in the room, but we didn't know how fresh it was; or how long it had been there? The freezer was frosted over, and the ice cube trays had not been cleaned/rinsed/washed from the prior guest. There was dish soap under the kitchen sink, but it had been diluted, so we couldn't use it. There was candles on the hot tub porch, but we didn't have any matches and/or lighter. It would have been nice to have citronella candles, and some bug spray in the room.
Overall, the Inn is quaint, Eric is super friendly, and the area is FANTASTIC. We will return to Sarasota, but with our kids, so maybe at the resort?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort located on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida is the perfect family vacation getaway with spacious cottages that offer full kitchens, living, and dining areas. Enjoy the beautiful private outdoor space included with each cottage that includes a large hot tub facing the water. Our pet-friendly resort is a two-minute walk to the beach and offers complimentary use of kayaks, canoes, bicycles fishing gear, beach chairs, and umbrellas. If you're looking for a weekend away from the kids, visit our romantic sister property The Inn at Turtle Beach for peaceful accommodations. Plan your trip today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key Hotel Siesta Key
- Turtle Beach Resort Siesta Key, Florida