All reviewsprivate hot tubcountry cottagefishing polesthe cottageskey westour honeymoonromantic getawaybedroom cottagetoaster ovenprivate patiosunset suitebottle of champagneacross the streetlong weekendbeds were very comfortablelow keyold florida
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

We got to stay at both the resort and the end and had a wonderful time. The room was perfectly appointed, great location and dog friendly. Eric, the manager, make sure that we wear happy and had some great suggestions for us. Will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2016

My husband surprised me for a weekend trip for our 28th wedding anniversary. We looked forward to a nice weekend get away. The place is quiet and the atmosphere outside is wonderful. We enjoyed fishing off of the deck and lounging by the pool and also using the canoes. The Jasmine cottage however was filthy. Dead roaches in the cabinets (I'm from Florida so I know you have roaches) but they had been there a while and could have been cleaned out. There was a notice in the cabinets about how the dishes are cleaned according to some code. Well the first glass I pulled out to use had lipstick all over the rim and the first two plates I pulled out had food all over them as if they had just been used and put back into the cabinet. Needless to say I washed everything before using it. The floors were dirty so you couldn't walk around without shoes unless you like dirty feet. I had to kill a pretty big roach in the bedroom and I do not like roaches period. The hot tub looked clean but when the jets turned off you could see a lot of sand. For $350 a night, you would think they could do a lot better with cleaning up the place. Makes me sick that my husband spent that much.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gretchenb49
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Even though Turtle Beach Resort is on Midnight Pass Rd, the main street on the key, it is so far south on the island that there isn't much traffic left. If you must be right on the beach or in the thick of the action, this isn't the place for you. It's quiet. We had 2 bedrooms, a private deck and hot tub, and the pool, common deck, and grill pretty much to ourselves whenever we wanted them. We'd definitely like to return.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike V
Reviewed 31 March 2016

This resort was recommended to me by a friend that visited earlier in the year. I have to say that his praises were not undue. We absolutely fell in love with this beautiful setting. It is not a luxury resort, but it has so much more character. We enjoyed kayaking over to quiet beaches each morning and relaxing by the bay every afternoon. Because of the size of the resort, we were able to get to know several other couples/families. We will definitely be back to this unique setting!

Room Tip: We stayed in Key West Cottage which was lovely, but I hope to stay in the country cottage next time. .
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2016

Jasmine cottage is a large 1-BR unit, w/ a huge, private patio. I loved the hammock, under the palm trees & stars. The side deck has a pretty view of the water, perfect for breakfast. There was even a large hot tub on the patio. The queen bed was very comfortable, living room had a leather couch, bathroom has a tub, central a/c, ceiling fans, stone tile floors. Parking was in front of the patio- very convenient. I noticed the cottages have mirrored glass for privacy, but rarely saw others anyway. It was fun to watch the osprey on its nest out on the bay, & hear some kayakers one calm dark-dark night. My pets were in heaven, loved the lizards. The resort was a lovely, peaceful place to stay.

Room Tip: Jasmine & Rain Forest: 1BR cottages w/ large front patios, parking in front of patios.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple