All reviews pool house one bedroom suite siesta key village beach chairs beach town perfect location short walk honeymoon suite full kitchen screened in porch siesta key oyster bar restaurants and bars two blocks tiki hut cleaning staff grocery store the main drag
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Very clean nice place to stay. Pools are very small, normally dont use pools but due to Red tide the beach was not an option. I will say I really wish they would have worked with me since I bought insurance and allowed me to reschedule, but when I called they told me to come down it should be cleared up and the beach was fine also red tide is not covered and I couldn't cancel without losing all my money :( We made the best of it without beach, again very clean and staff was very nice especially Amanda I believe that was her name.
The room was so clean but did smell like paint very strong, nothing a few open windows did cure. Location GREAT FOR WALKING TO ALMOST EVERYTHING. also PET friendly, everyone was so nice to our lil joe and I think he loved it also. See pic for proof. We will be going again for sure when Red tide is gone.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Tropical B, Director of Sales at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear gregandsuzdrutz,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the clean room, the location, our pet friendly policy, and our team of staff. We are also glad to hear that you will be returning and staying with us again. That is great news! As far as red tide goes, yes, the travel insurance companies are not covering this in their policy. We have tried everything to help our guests, and get the companies to change their policy, but they will not. Even so, our company decided that these guests that purchased travel insurance through our preferred insurance provider should be covered because they followed our recommendation, and we have allowed all of these guests to move their reservation to a future stay. If you purchased CSA travel insurance, I'm surprised our team would have told you otherwise, but we will review this and a manager will be in touch with you to discuss the situation as soon as possible. Again, thank you so much for staying with us, and for providing us your feedback, and we hope that you'll come back and stay with us again soon.

Adam M

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We live in Tampa and had made reservations to stay at Tropical Breeze Resort before the red tide was problematic. The resort's own web site directs viewers to the updated red tide information posted on the Mote Marine website. Today, 8/19/18, Mote Marine's update posted at noon said Water color: dark. Red drift: thick. Red drift location: beach and water. Respiratory irritation: moderate. Dead fish: heavy. We cancelled our reservation based on this information despite being told by reservations that "well it is worse further north from here". The place looked adorable and on a good day, I'm sure it would have been lovely. We had trip insurance which does not appear to cover red tide. Requested some sort of credit or ability to rebook at a later time. My husband would not be able to tolerate the respiratory irritation. I had called about a week or so ago and was told the red tide might be cleared up by then. When I tried to reschedule/cancel, they person on the phone was only intereted in quoting their well-rehearsed refund policy that requires 60 days notice. I understand they are losing money but the total lack of caring about the money we were losing left a bad taste in my mouth. The rating reflects the phone interaction. We decided to stay home and go to local beaches that are currently red-tide free.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robin S
Tropical B, Director of Sales at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Tiggy1743,

I think there has been some miscommunication here, and I hope you will please contact us again today. Our company has worked with every single guest that purchased trip insurance through CSA to move their dates or provide them a refund. We have also done so for any guest who had a pre-existing medical condition that would not allow them to travel. We just ask that this be documented with a doctor's note for our own records and insurance claims to follow. I'm not sure why you would have been told anything different. All of our staff have been informing our guests of this for weeks. I am unable to look up your reservation or contact information using your Trip Advisor Username, so I'm hoping that you can please contact us ASAP. Please ask for our Front Desk Manager or Assistant General Manager, and we would be happy to work with you on moving your dates or refunding you, as we have with all guests who purchased travel insurance. We will continue to be transparent during this situation. As you state, we are providing daily video updates of our beach's condition, links to Mote Marine and other news articles, and doing all we can in this tough situation. Thank you for reaching out to us on this matter. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

My husband and I visited the Tropical Breeze Resort this past week for our 10th anniversary. I called a few days before we arrived and asked about the beach and water quality after reading so much about the red tide. The lady I spoke with told me the news had “exaggerated” the conditions and that the beach was fine and not effected by the red tide. As soon as we arrived to the resort, my husband and I went directly to the beach to find it littered with dead fish and smelling terribly. What a disappointment! After talking with some towns people we learned the conditions had been bad for some time and that the resort had lied to us. The entire reason for visiting was to relax on the beach and we were left scrambling to find activities to keep us busy when we could have planned ahead if the truth would have been disclosed when we asked. We were beyond frustrated and disappointed within the first few minutes of our stay

Our condo, the Selby Garden unit, was decorated exactly like the pictures and was beautiful. It was stocked with all of the kitchen utensils, dishes, pots/pans, and appliances we needed. We had plenty of room to unpack and relax. The bed and couches were very comfortable. The resort delivered a bottle of wine and card for our anniversary which was very kind. We used the beach chairs and towels while visiting. The pools were great temperature and clean.

Unfortunately once we entered the bedroom of our unit we noticed the wall near the door had many dirty finger prints on it. I sat down on the bed and my hand slipped into a hole in the comforter material. While sitting in the living room, we found a used pair on contacts shriveled up on the side table. Housekeeping came each day and replaced our towels, made the bed, etc, but the spots on the walls and contacts were never cleaned.

Over all, our family would consider staying again but would definitely listen to the news reports and not the office staff of the resort.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank czuck07
Tropical B, Director of Sales at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Mr and Mrs. Zuck,

Congratulations again on your anniversary, and thank you for choosing us as the location to celebrate it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, the Selby Gardens. We try to keep it well stocked with anything our guest would need, and I am glad everything came in handy. Thank you for enjoying our décor as well., and it is ALWAYS nice to hear that the bed and couch were comfortable. The wine is just our little way of saying thank you for enjoying your special occasion with us

We also appreciate your feedback. I'm very sorry that you were disappointed in the condition of the beach due to the red tide affecting our area. We are making every possible attempt to be as transparent as we can be to every guest that is reaching out to us for updates. We are posting videos every day from the beach so that everyone can see the conditions firsthand, we have provided links for several Sarasota county and Mote marine sites so that our guests can be as up to date as possible, we have added items to our FAQ section of our site, and we are telling our guests exactly what is going on at that moment that they are calling so that they are informed. As with any natural occurring weather event, conditions can change, but we will do everything in our power to continue to be as transparent as possible.

Our maintenance and housekeeping staff works very hard to maintain our rooms to our standards. This room was painted in late June, 2018, but based on your feedback we will be reviewing the room again this week, and touching up the paint where necessary. We will also review the comforter as well. Thank you for helping us improve.

I want to thank you both again for staying with us, and we hope to see you back here at the Tropical Breeze soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Will never come back or recommend this Rental Company to any visitor planning a family vacation in Siesta Key. Horrible customer service. I just rented a week from August 3-10, 2018. At the time, there was Red Tide present in the area. The company was never Honest at front when I was making the reservation. I have a small child that suffers from severe asthma and could be really affected. I brought a Dr letter with me to prove the possibility of him getting a severe reaction to the condition present in the area but this was not enough. I made multiple calls and spoke with three managers ( Billie Prater, Joe Kerns, Ryan Schmidt). I send emails to find a logical solution to the problem. I was not asking them for a reimbursement, I was just requesting a move of my days for another time of the year taking in consideration we were talking about a child who was at risk. Siesta key Luxury Rental Property was not opened to move the days of my rental. The only option given was to allow them to try to rent the property and reimburse my money for the days they were able to rent it. With such a short notice and the Red Tide , 2 days prior to my reservation, the possibility of losing all the money I had saved for my vacation was very high. I decided to give it a try. After my arrival, 4 hours drive from Miami, Mr. Billie Prater told me they had send me an email at 7:00pm the night before my arrival stating that they were willing to move the days but since I was already there it was nothing they could do. It was to late. Be aware, I had send them multiple emails requesting a modification and explaining my situation. The last email I received was at 4:15 PM and their final answer was to come and enjoy the beautiful property I had rented. At that time, I considered it to be their final answer. It never occurred to me they would send me another email 3 hours later at 7:20 PM to allow a change of my days. I would have appreciated a phone call taking in consideration the risk in which I was putting my child. In addition, the inside of the house was dusty, the bathroom were dirty but what really bother me the most was the condition of the pool and deck areas. They were Full with green algae and the deck of mold and mildew. They had to come three times to clean the pool. I am posting some close up pictures as a prove. They pictures posted in the web site does not reflect the reality of the pool and deck areas. When I complained to Mr Billie Prater his respond was it only needed to be resurfaced. Really!!! after all we had been through with my rental. The pool was the place my family will be spending most of their time since the beach was not an option because of red tide. Also, no one called to follow up on my son medical status and reaction to the environment. We decided to leave next day accepting the option of listing the property to see if someone would rent it since my son was having asthma all night. The company was able to rent and reimbursed us one night. I ended up losing the rest of the money paid. Siesta Key Luxury Rental Property has no customer service policy to care for their clients, no empathy. They kept all my money. Horrible, will never come back or recommend this vacation rental company to anyone. I give it one start because I have not choice. If not, I will give them none. Very Price for the serviced and the condition of the property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 567indirad

Dear Mrs. Diaz,

I'm very sorry that you are so upset. Please be aware you are reviewing Tropical Breeze Resort, a property that you did not stay at. You stayed at a rental home through SKLRP. As you are aware, all of our phone calls are recorded, and all of our emails are archived, so I would be happy to provide you these audio files and email exchanges for your records to validate my following statements. As you know, you made your reservation with our company on July 9th, 2019, weeks before Red Tide began affecting our coastline. Unfortunately, at that time, there was nothing to disclose, as Red Tide had not affected Sarasota or Siesta Key. We would never intentionally misinform a guest. On August 1st, 2018, Two days before your arrival, you first contacted us requesting to cancel or move your dates. Our manager was trying to assist you by phone, and the call dropped, and we were unable to reach you again on August 1st. You called back on August 2nd at 11am, and apologized for the dropped call, as your phone had battery issues. At this time my Front Desk Manager advised you of our policies on a 10 minute phone call, and based on that call, he explained that he would have his supervisor email you as soon as possible if there was anything else we could do. Email was the form of communication you requested because you wanted to be able to provide this to your attorneys. At 4:21pm, our Assistant General Manager emailed you that he would be happy to move your dates, per your request. He only requested that you provide the Doctor's note that you stated you had in your possession for our records. He followed this up with a phone call to you, which was not answered. We did not receive an email response or a phone call back after this was sent. The following day, you arrived at your scheduled check-in time. Our Front Office Manager and Home Concierge met you at the property, and once again offered to refund or move your dates if you would provide us with the document you stated you had. You could not provide this document, and stated you would be staying at the home. Our Home Concierge walked the home with you, and you were satisfied with the condition, cleanliness, and representation of it. After his departure, you called our office numerous times to make us aware of certain things that you wanted to be addressed. Our team responded each time, as we always do when a guest calls. We addressed the leaves and some black sand that had blown into the pool with the winds, and each of your concerns, every time you called. We tried to be as accommodating as we could, until your early departure on August 4th. Our General Manager met you on property, and we all made an effort to assist you. I have reviewed the photos you posted as well. We pressure wash the sidewalks at our homes quarterly, and this home was scheduled to be done this upcoming month in September, but per your request we did this the day of your arrival. As our Head of Maintenance explained to you as he addressed your issues, the sidewalk receives alot of direct rain runoff from the roofing gutter downspot, and that can lead to mildew build up. The tile you photographed is in the closet of the "pool room" of the home. It is a room that many people use when they are wet from the pool, and it is not air-conditioned, it is a recreational room with a pool table and bar that opens up to the pool, but we will put some grout on that gap in the storage closet to make sure it is cosmetically more appealing for those that need to store items there. We appreciate your feedback and helping us to improve. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us, and we would be happy to assist. Thank you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

AMAZING VIEWS!!!!! BEAUTIFUL HOME! THE BEST STAFFF!!
It was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. Great friends great weather and the place was absolutely amazing. Great vibes cool layout with an elevator. The pool/spa was crazy and the slide was so much fun. We were so close to the beach for the sunset!!!! Dylan the concierge guy and Billy the front desk manager were super helpful and accommodating in every way. 5 Stars.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Tropical B, Director of Sales at Tropical Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for your kind review and feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here, and that you were able to enjoy the weekend with your friends. I'm glad the weather, the home, the layout, the pool and slide, and our team of staff were able to make it that much better. Thank you again, and please come back and visit us again soon.