“Pizza is good, customer service is terrible.”

Solorzanos Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 46 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: #NobodyMakesPizzaLikeWeDo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've had this pizza before and it's always been good. But last night's experience was really disappointing. I placed my order at 6:28pm and the guy said it would be 20-25 minutes. I showed up just before 7 and apparently they had just put the pizza in. No big deal. But it wasn't made correctly, so they had to take it out and add the correct toppings. Again, no big deal, except this added an extra 10ish minutes to the prep time. I wouldn't have been frustrated with this but then when he rang it up it was more than I expected. Apparently the Siesta Key location has a different menu and pricing than the other location, but when you pull the website on a mobile device, you only see part of the website because it's not designed for mobile viewing. The manager, Jose, said I should have pulled up the other menu - that it stated that right on the website. I told him I never saw that because of the way the page pulled up. He never apologized or acted like he cared. So I ended up paying $25 for a large pizza. This wouldn't have bothered me so much except that when I asked for parmesan, Jose, who was checking me out skimped on what he gave me. I simply asked for as many packets as possible. He said we don't do packets but I can give it to you in a little cup. I said sure! He only filled it half full so I asked for another one and he literally just sprinkled enough in there to cover the bottom of the little cup. I asked if he could fill it more. He proceeded to tell me they charge more for "sides" and that he couldn't give me anymore. I said that considering that I'm paying $25 for a pizza and it was ready almost 15 minutes later than I was told it would be, it shouldn't be a big deal to give me some extra parm. Especially since this wasn't fancy freshly grated parm - it was like the kraft parm you buy at the store. The manager got short with me and was actually quite rude about the whole thing. This should be a teachable moment for him - instead of getting short and defensive with a customer, he should have apologized about the extra long wait, the fact that the website was a little confusing (and he could have said he would mention to his boss) and ultimately not made it a big deal to give me some extra parm. Seriously ridiculous and very disappointing because the pizza is good! The place definitely needs some lessons in customer service. If I spoke to a customer the way Jose spoke to me, I'd probably get written up or fired.

1  Thank Em4vt

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We LOVE Solorzanos Pizzeria! Always have it a few times throughout the week while we’re here! White pizza has our vote!

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The food is awful, and the owner is worst. He is rude and arrogant. Just read all the replys from him on here. I would rather eat gas station pizza then ever spend a dollar in that place. Don't waste your time.

6  Thank Iamsuperman17
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The pizza is edible but nothing more. The proprietor is much harder to stomach. Absolutely horrible customer service. Avoid this establishment

3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t permitted to change on ingredient. Boo.

Pizza by the slice had been sitting a long time.

Went elsewhere.