“Best steakhouse chain in the United States?”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 1,169 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Tamiami Trail
Transit: SCTA buses stop near the restaurant. There are stops on both Siesta Drive & Tamiami Trail (Hwy 41).
Description: Welcome to Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar - the contemporary iteration of the classic American steakhouse and source of memorable times. Our goal is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine in the company of good people. Our atmosphere is open and inviting, with a spirit that is generous and fun. World-class hospitality, food, wine and value. We are conveniently located on South Tamiami trail (US 41), near Southgate, Siesta Key, and a short drive from downtown Sarasota.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

There are more steakhouse chains in the United States than I can count on two hands. And there are two things you have to know about them. More are on the way. And they keep getting better and better. One of the best, if not the best, is Fleming's. It has franchises in 28 states. One of eight in Florida is located at 2001 Siesta Drive in Sarasota, across the street from Westfield Southgate Mall, at the corner of Siesta and Tamiami Trail. It has everything to make a steak lover happy...valet parking, six private rooms, large bar with a great bar menu, open kitchen, large dining room, comfortable seating, fast and friendly and attentive and knowledgable service. Sure, it's expensive and crowded and noisy. But it's worth it. Our server, Bradley, orchestrated our evening like Leonard Bernstein. We started with lobster bisque, shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad. Naturally, we had to choose premium steaks for our entrees. I had a 12-ounce filet with creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms and Yukon Gold mashed potatoes. My wife opted for a petite filet and stole some of my potatoes and mushrooms. For dessert, we shared a big bowl of Wildberry sorbet. If you're in the mood, Fleming's is the place for steak.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Our evening was amazing at Fleming's. Complete with a Happy Anniversary card rose petals, champagne and truffles! Our waiter Chad Ramsey was amazing. He catered to our every want and need and they topped it off with a framed photo gift of us together on our anniversary and a fun photo (on my phone) with him included at our request.

1  Thank Heather I
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Sorry to say had a very bad experience Saturday July 7th. It took us 1.5 hours to get our dinner. The place was so loud we had to scream at one another. They did however comp all of our wine!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Have been to Fleming's twice in the past month to enjoy their bar menu. Their burgers are among the best I have ever had. One of the few places the burger is prepared exactly as ordered. Seldom does a restaurant send out a rare burger when that is how I order it. They have done it perfectly both times. Burgers are accompanied by fries and excellent service. Jordan and his female colleague(missed her name), were fun, friendly, and attentive. If I want a burger, Fleming's is my first choice.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Rose petals , heart shaped on the table . Two flutes of champagne , a wonderful framed photos of us , a gift of truffles , and service from the managers and staff like nothing ever encountered . Chad was the most attentive waiter we have seen in many a moon . The bread display was not only artistic but simply divine to taste . We began with a special version of their poached lobster in Bernaise with caviar . Followed by a superbly chilled giant shrimp cocktail . Chad always on ready if needed . My wife ordered their Chilean Sea Bass which she devoured saying it was her best , freshest ever . I craved a good , medium rare filet mignon that I literally cut with my fork at one point and flavor , beautifully grilled with a peppered seasoning crust .Sides were exemplary - the freshest restaurant baked potato this diner has ever had accompanied with their house onion rings with their own special sauce .They were even offering a three course meal , with filet , for$ 39 including dessert . Simply amazing ! Had to take it home along with the truffles gifted to my wife . Accompanying the great service from the team led by Chad , was the splendid decor and atmosphere of Flemings . Have been to other steak houses here and not even close . Go whether you are having a special occasion or not . You won't be disappointed . And ask for Chad to serve you - knowledgeable and extremely pleasant . He'll make your evening a 100 times better.

1  Thank FrankieZZ