All reviewsrooftop poolwxyz barwithin walking distancedowntown locationbayfront parkfood areafun hotelstyle hotelmodern designroom layoutnice gymmain streetvalet parking iskey cardbathroom arearooms are smallwhole foods
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Had a meeting with a super team of advisors. Need a place downtown that was right in the middle of everything. This is super convenient - but not overly utilitarian. Very friendly and helpful staff! Valet parking available.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

I’m delighted that our hotel was perfectly suited to your business needs. Whether you’re seeking an event venue or a pleasant leisure visit, you can count on us for professional service and practicality. We hope to have you back at the Aloft Sarasota for another five-star stay.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I have not stayed in the hotel as I am a local. But I do love the bar and the lobby. Had drinks there several times and their martinis are cold and satisfying. Many of the hotels downtown have great little bars with music at times. Many of the locals visit them. I like them to meet people from all over. This is a rather new hotel in town but very trendy and youthful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Although you haven’t had a chance to stay with us yet, it is always a pleasure to have you for a relaxing time. Our modern and stylish hotel offers many amenities such as our Splash Pool and Live at Aloft Hotels performances for your enjoyment. We appreciate your compliments, and hope you can visit us again soon at the Aloft Sarasota.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Awesome first stay at an Aloft hotel! Alvin Avance was so helpful and courteous! Very stylish, comfortable place! We loved the indoor pool, pool table, and board games available to entertain our son. great food and drinks too!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Jennifer, I’m thrilled to know that your stay was a stellar example of what to expect from our brand: a friendly team, inviting atmosphere and exciting offerings for the whole family. Thank you for your five-star review, and we’d love to welcome all of you back soon to the Aloft Sarasota.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Cool vibe and pretty sheik. Comfortable bed and great water pressure. The location makes for easy walking to the marina and surrounding area. Live music was a nice touch, but important to keep the volume in check of the musicians. It is a lobby not a performance center.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We’re so glad our convenient location and fresh, contemporary atmosphere made your visit a pleasant one. We also appreciate your comments about our Live at Aloft Hotels on-site entertainment, and will take them into consideration as we continue to improve our guest experience. It is our wish that every guest has a relaxing and peaceful stay. We hope to welcome you back soon to the Aloft Sarasota.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I have to start out by saying this hotel is amazing. The staff is the most nicest hotel staff I’m met in a long time. I ended up needing medical care and the front desk was amazingly calm for my untimely situation. This was not due to anything at the hotel or any kind of accident, but I reached out to them because I was alone. I never did get the ladies at the front desk names, but one would ask me everytime she seen me after how I was and if I felt ok. She’s an amazing person and she made my experience so much better. The hotel cleaning staff was nice and chit chatted as we rode the elevator together. The maintainance man Paul went well over his kindness by helping with everything needed for the event I was attending.
I do have to say a few things. They provide the rooms with coffee, liquid creamer, and sugar or whatever... the creamer had went bad from sitting for I don’t know how long. I made a cup and poured the creamer and it was lumpy. I had to throw out the coffee and then wait to find a Starbucks. Later I drove to a Publix and bought my own creamer. I just didn’t want to get any sicker than I had felt. I would suggest that more coffee and sugar be offered without the housekeeping service. 2 cups just would not normally do it for me, but I made it through with one. The shampoo and conditioner in one... nope don’t use it unless you’re a man or woman with no hair. I accidentally left my shampoo and conditioner at home, so I used theirs it took me 30 minutes to brush my hair and half of my hair was pulled out with the brush. I was glad they had some, but I just suggest you don’t use it unless in dire need. They do sell items downstairs that you can charge to your room incase you forgot something, but I didn’t look to see what they were. Another thing, remember there is no other parking except for 5 spots at the front of the building that aren’t timed and you don’t have to pay. Valet is kind of required and is $15/night. They will charge to your room which is nice, but it’s certainly something nice to know a head of time. The hotel is no smoking anywhere on property. So regardless of the drink outside by the pool on the 8th floor or out by the fire pit and mingling area. You have to go out to the street if you want to have a cigarette. If your looking for lunch make sure you eat somewhere else. They don’t offer any actual food in the day time. The fruit and cheese platter I paid over $9 out by the pool, I would say nay on that one. Would suggest to them to go buy some better fruit. But I wasn’t feeling well so I tried eating it. Ended up getting wasted in my room after.
It was certainly an experience and the room was clean so I’m very happy with that. Next time I will be more prepared and will bring some things for the room fridge, snacks, creamer, and I’ll ask the desk for more coffee.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your in-depth review and photo. Although I regret any discomfort you may have experienced, I’m pleased that our staff was able to assist you when it mattered most. I will be sure our team knows how much their efforts meant to you during your time with us. We will take your comments about our coffee service, dining options, and bath products into consideration as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again at the Aloft Sarasota next time you’re in the area.