All reviews rooftop pool wxyz bar live music in the bar within walking distance downtown location bayfront park food area fun hotel style hotel modern design room layout nice gym main street valet parking is key card bathroom area rooms are small
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Where to begin? The young man staffing the valet parking when we arrived did not welcome us, did not smile, he did flatly ask for a last name to check against his list, but once he knew our names and that we were reserved, he remained unwelcoming. As we opened the car to unload, he did not ask to help us, did not get us a cart, nor did he direct us to a luggage cart. I found the cart in my own. He was so unhelpful that I thought he might tell us to park the car ourselves and yet still pay $15 per day!

When we walked in we were a bit surprised by the overall feel of the “lobby”. Upon reflection, I would call it very youth oriented—-more like a jazzed up student union with a big bar.

The room: oddly planned. The closet forced one to hang clothing on a short pole that is perpendicular to the “sliding door” which made it difficult to hang our clothes and keep them from being rumpled. The door to the closet did NOT SLIDE easily which was also true if the door to the shower/toilet area. Lord help the weak when trying to move the bathroom door!

The lighting in the room seemed odd. Should one get up in the middle of the night, the lighting one has to use illuminated the entire room—-too bad for your sleeping husband.

Why oh why do hotels, this one included offer only ONE hook to hang a used towel? This is a DOUBLE room—-where does one hang the second towel? Why is there NO place to hang the hand towel and face cloth once used at the sink? ALL THIS INCONVENIENCE AFTER ONE IS ENCOURAGED TO NOT USE HOUSEKEEPING—-saving energy is fine, we support that, however dry towels and face cloths should be a part of the deal.

We went up to the pool deck to get a light lunch and to assess the pool area. Once one finds it (signage issues) the music is blaring and the menu was sparse and uninteresting. However, even if the food offerings had been of interest, we could not have enjoyed staying in that environment. We could not have talked to each other anywhere on the deck. Worst yet, the following day there was a DJ up there....is this a pool deck or dance party?

When we returned from the theater at night, we thought we might have a nightcap at the bar. We walked through the front doors at about 10:30 pm and were met by—-wait for it—-blaring music which caused us to race to the elevator. Again is this a lobby or a raucous student union?

The much advertised keyless system using one’s cell phone never worked. We were at one point told we were denied use fir reasons unknown to the young woman at the “kiosk registration” area. Having gone on line and researched the “requirements”, we could not find any reason we would be denied this much advertised amenity.

Our room phone, only located on the desk, NEVER WORKED over our entire stay, though we did tell the “front desk”.

Although we could see other people our ages, we did not feel welcome in this environment—-we are not millennials and Aloft clearly is not interested in us, so our next trip to Sarasota will involve another hotel more likely to welcome us and wish to serve us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrsbtwin
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is disappointing to hear that you did not have a great experience and we truly regret that we let you down when it mattered the most. Please know that we always want our guests to feel welcomed while staying at our hotel and we will work hard to make the necessary improvements to our amenities, customer service, and accommodations. Your feedback is appreciated, and we hope you will reconsider another stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I feel as though I have a new home in Aloft Sarasota! From the moment I was greeted at SRQ Airport by Sean of Aloft, until the day of departure, my experience met and far exceeded any expectation I had of my vacation getaway. My room was perfectly set up with a gorgeous bathroom and a very comfortable bed, which is a huge plus!! The staff throughout the hotel was welcoming and generous with ideas for an unfamiliar tourist!! Alyssa, I call her my private concierge, helped me with planning before I even arrived in Florida. She and her co-workers Caitlin, Jeab and Grace just to mention a few were simply lovely and helpful at every turn!! The proximity to shopping and restaurants as well as the fabulous rooftop pool were a plus. I enjoyed the complimentary bikes and made trips by bike to the beaches daily. I can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

It makes me very happy to read such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that our accommodations made you feel at home away from home and our location made it easy to explore the area. Biking to the beach is a perfect way to spend the day in Sarasota, and we are proud to offer so many great amenities. I will be sure that the entire team knows how much their efforts meant to you during your stay. We are all looking forward to your next visit to the Aloft Sarasota.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Clean, quiet and friendly staff.

I had the same phone navigation issues as other reviewers. Just be aware that your map may not bring you to the main hotel entrance. (Just drive around the building you will find it)

Valet and other staff interactions were great with excellent knowledge of surrounding restaurants.

10th floor room was clean, large and quiet with view of pool area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

We’re so glad you found us and had an excellent stay. We understand the importance of comfortable accommodations, and we don’t neglect details like friendly staff and gorgeous views. We look forward to seeing you again at the Aloft Sarasota next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to ALoft for a couple of days’ visit. The location is fabulous since it is within easy walking distance of shopping, fine restaurants, Burns Court movie theatre and the bay front for a sunset drink. Reception ladies were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely Stay there again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Our premium location makes us the perfect place to stay while to exploring the city, and our staff is committed to making all of our guests feel welcome. We look forward to your next visit to the Aloft Sarasota.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Stayed here multiple times! Great property and the location is awesome. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Pool on the roof is very nice with a bar. Very clean property. Only issue is the AC units in the room, it is either freezing cold or very warm. The unit blow directly on the bed which is not good.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
AloftSarasota, General Manager at Aloft Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for your your continued patronage. It’s always great to know that our staff and facility make every experience special. However, I regret that your comfort was compromised, and apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Your feedback will be shared with the team to ensure that your subsequent visits will exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.